hf1

The big wet

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: The big wet

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Interesting you should say that Rae - I think that's the key in some cases - the morning wee...
Isabelle's 'morning wee' happens a little later now so her first nappy of the day is usually drenched within 30mins of putting it on, but then if we leave her night nappy on she poos in it and I'd reather she poo'd in one with a detachable fleece liner so where possible the first nappy of the day is a fitted with a seperate fleece liner :D

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:57 am

Velvetsteph wrote:You might find this interesting Rae

We got our weenotions night nappy last night - and compared with what I've been putting on Isabelle I would say it's about 1/2 as much absorbency!

That said I was very impressed - I popped it on her unwashed, I got the cotton outer but hemp inner, and aside from a slim bamboo booster over the hemp (as it was unwashed) it was as is... Well it lasted the night!

Now perhaps she just didn't wee much last night as it wasn't even that soggy - but I was quite impressed...

Perhaps I've been over stuffing Isabelle!

You might want to investigate weedies - we've got a large and its ENORMOUS! I stuff with things like a large bamboo terry, two easy peasy hemp inserts/boosters plus bamboo boosters usually at least... And yes it's HUGE but once covered with custom woolies and she's asleep who's bothered!

I was going to say that i found fleece bettter than pul Aldo. jumblebums jiants were specifically designed for heavy wetters at night. I have never tried one but others have said they are great. It sounds like you have sussed it though.
That will last the night anytime no matter what she's drunk!! :D

Also what do you cover the nappy with at night? I find PUL leaks loads but fleece was better and wool better still...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Kayleigh decided that she wanted to wear her longies to bed last night instead of a wrap and her pj bottoms. It really surprised me when she grabbed her longies and was trying to put them on. Anyway, decided to go with it. She was wearing her weenotions night nappy with the extra hemp in it, and it worked a treat. The nappy could have been wrung out, but shw was dry, and she didn't have wet pj's and the wool felt dry.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Rae wrote:Kayleigh decided that she wanted to wear her longies to bed last night instead of a wrap and her pj bottoms. It really surprised me when she grabbed her longies and was trying to put them on. Anyway, decided to go with it. She was wearing her weenotions night nappy with the extra hemp in it, and it worked a treat. The nappy could have been wrung out, but shw was dry, and she didn't have wet pj's and the wool felt dry.

That's the magic of wool :D

Previous

Return to Night Nappies