hf1

Too much choice!

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Too much choice!

Postby lealea » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 pm

If only there was a website called - "This night nappy is the one for you!". There is waaaay too much choice out there!

DD has just turned 2, weighs 25lbs and is outgrowing her BBH which we have used for ever (we have both hemp and bamboo). She has a long rise so they are getting quite low down. We don't have to boost them, just use the two inserts they come with, topped with a Disana wool soaker and have never really had any problems (only when the wool needs re-lanolising). The BBH are usually wet through, but the wool is always dry.

We are thinking of potty training in the summer, so I don't want to spend a massive amount of money on new night nappies, but the BBH's are going to be way too small by then.

I don't know whether to go with a LLS NN, a WNNN, a Puddlekins Silent night or a H/L Bedbug. I've never tried any of them, so don't know what shape would suit my toddler best. Also if she is 25lbs, I don't know whether if we got a bedbug to get the toddler size, in case potty training takes longer than anticipated and she is in night nappies for longer.

Any thoughts? What material do you find to be the most absorbant? Thanks!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Too much choice!

Postby Saskia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm

If you don't want to spend a massive amount of money then WNNN are the cheapest (if you get the basic no frills ones).

Are you sure you actually need a dedicated night nappy though, bearing in mind they are more expensive than day nappies? It doesn't sound like your daughter is a particularly heavy wetter if she can normally manage with a day nappy unboosted.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:35 pm

I use wee notions northern lights for bed as dans not a heavy wetter

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lealea » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks guys. I think I'll have to do some more research!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Your daughter isn't a heavy wetter if she can use an unboosted BBH at night. WNNN are fab, and the basic ones are cheap. I also love Bedbugs, I'd definitely recommend the toddler size for nights. I imagine that you wouldn't need to boost them. I find that the fit is better than all other night nappies on my 28lb 2 year old, but obviously every baby is different. Bedbugs are also larger than WNNN so you may have to buy larger night wool if you choose those.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I have 2 pretty much new WNNN in the classifieds ;)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 pm

We use toddler bedbugs, Flutterby Fluff night nappies, Puddlekins silent nights and Wee Notions night notions. TBH even if your LO PTs during the summer you my well still be using night nappies for a while yet as being dry at night is totally different to daytime - the signal sent to the brain to wake us up when we need the toilet is the very last to develop and children can be as old as 6 before this happens, sometimes older. My 4 year old son is still nowhere near ready to be dry at night and has been dry in the day for almost 2 years now. For him we use Minki pockets as they are huge and can fit lots of stuffing in, I have also ordered some custom sized Puddlekins night nappies for him.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

we use standard minkis which are dirt cheap and worksowell for our heavy wetter :)

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lealea » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm

HighlandMum wrote:I have 2 pretty much new WNNN in the classifieds ;)

Ohh I'll check those out!

I'll check out the standard minki's as well. We do have a minki huggle that still fits which works ok boosted with a Petit Desseous insert. My bank account would certainly appreciate not having to shell out for dedicated night nappies!

Return to Night Nappies