hf1

Help!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Help!

Postby ems » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:39 pm

There's always going to be some evaporation, even if you used a PUL cover, there's always gaps by which it can escape. the heat from the body and the wee is obviously warm too. The reason for weighing is to get an indicator, even with evaporation, how much over a standard nappy you will need. Once we get a rough idea of what amount of liquid the nappy needs to hopd, and where it needs to hold it, front sleepers tend to leak from the tabs, and back sleepers tend to leak from the elasticated part at the back. All these things and quite a bit more I would ask before I made something suitable. Alot of it is age related too. The bladder becomes stronger as the child gets older, it's capable of holding alot more liquid, and the bladder wall muscles get stronger thus forcing the liquid out on reflex when needed.. unlike tiny babies whose bladder pressures are lower. It' not just about aborbancy ;)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

A little confused or have i missed the point!

Alesha wears bedbugs to bed with a mummy made PUL wrap (pocketbots style)

in the time she wears this nappy she drinks 2 x 9oz bottles of milk and 1-2 x 10oz cups of juice :shock: (normally 2 juice cups)

yet the nappy is normally only damp on the outside rarely porperly wet and never sopping wet x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:52 pm

123princesssammie wrote:A little confused or have i missed the point!

Alesha wears bedbugs to bed with a mummy made PUL wrap (pocketbots style)

in the time she wears this nappy she drinks 2 x 9oz bottles of milk and 1-2 x 10oz cups of juice :shock: (normally 2 juice cups)

yet the nappy is normally only damp on the outside rarely porperly wet and never sopping wet x

:shock: wow, Gracie has about 7 oz of milk before bed usually with her nappy on then it is taken of as soon as she comes through before she has her morning milk, her nappies are normally just damp and no more, a bedbug would be much wetter though than her WCNN or PK. Perhaps Alesha has really good bladder control and does a big wee in the morning. xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I am asuming you weigh just the nappy ie before it is put on and then as soon as it is taken off. :wink:

Yep, and if you use wool over the top, let Emma know so she can add more for the evaporation which takes place :)

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 pm

I think I now need a puddlekins! Damn you Tanya. Hehe. Will start weighing his monring nappies for a week so I get a good average. His normal is 7oz milk before bed then 1 or 2 :bf: in the night. I change him first thing so it doesnt need to hold his morning feed too.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Sophie is a VERY heavy wetter and we really really struggle at nights. The only things that work for us are a VERY heavily boosted standard minki but these make her legs sore. Bamboo baby beehinds are AMAZING, i boost with an easy peasy and they are very absorbant. Shame they dont fit her right.
I need to order my PK nights :oops:

Previous

Return to Night Nappies