hf1

Help!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help!

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Hope youo can get something that suits, I can lend you a WCNN to try if you want, I have a few of them, pm me if you want to give one a go xx

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm

I am having this problem at the moment. My ds soaks through everything we put on him. Fortunately they are not leaking but close too. We have tried hollow oak, wnnn,udnn and bedbugs all are completely saturated by the morning. Don't think it is helped by him having a :bf: straight before bed and one as soon as he wakes in the morning.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm

helenNt wrote:I am having this problem at the moment. My ds soaks through everything we put on him. Fortunately they are not leaking but close too. We have tried hollow oak, wnnn,udnn and bedbugs all are completely saturated by the morning. Don't think it is helped by him having a :bf: straight before bed and one as soon as he wakes in the morning.

You should also try Emma at Puddlekins (and no, I'm not on commission :giggle: ). Bella has a 5oz bottle before bed and a 7oz bottle immediately on waking. Depending on if she has a cold/is teething, she can also drink 1 or 2 tommee tippee sippy cups of v dilute squash overnight too. Which is how we get to 20+oz of fluid in her nappy, and it will hold (just about!)

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Really they should make ALL night nappies capable of holding 20oz+ of liquid, if that's what super heavy wetters produce!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Saskia wrote:Really they should make ALL night nappies capable of holding 20oz+ of liquid, if that's what super heavy wetters produce!

But, that is going to involve an awful lot of fabric and would be absolute overkill for a lot of kiddies. I'm just thankful there is one nappy maker on the market willing to offer this service.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

tanya2007 wrote:
helenNt wrote:I am having this problem at the moment. My ds soaks through everything we put on him. Fortunately they are not leaking but close too. We have tried hollow oak, wnnn,udnn and bedbugs all are completely saturated by the morning. Don't think it is helped by him having a :bf: straight before bed and one as soon as he wakes in the morning.

You should also try Emma at Puddlekins (and no, I'm not on commission :giggle: ). Bella has a 5oz bottle before bed and a 7oz bottle immediately on waking. Depending on if she has a cold/is teething, she can also drink 1 or 2 tommee tippee sippy cups of v dilute squash overnight too. Which is how we get to 20+oz of fluid in her nappy, and it will hold (just about!)

Thanks I will contact her, one night we thought he had done a poo just before he went to bed his night nappy had been on all of 20 mins and he hadn't done a poo but we had to change him as his nappy was already wet through at the front - that is how heavy a wetter he is!

Will start weighing his nappies I think , is it better to weigh not in wool?
Last edited by helenNt on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I am asuming you weigh just the nappy ie before it is put on and then as soon as it is taken off. :wink:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I found that with Kiara, she used to go through cycle of peeing rivers and then went back to normal.
What are the insert of the wnnn?
My best combination is a bamboo insert with a hemp booster and instead of putting the hemp inside the insert, I fold it outwards so that there are 6 layers of bamboo terry and the hemp booster is last.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I am asuming you weigh just the nappy ie before it is put on and then as soon as it is taken off. :wink:

I thought when you used wool this allowed some of moisture to evaporate from the nappy which is why you tend to get a stronger smell, so would be an inaccurate indication of how much fluid had gone into the nappy.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies