Help!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help!

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:19 am

Oh is so difficult :(

I think its made worse because i havent got money to buy a few different things and try them. Im going to have to list the WN and buy some sposies in the meantime though i think, the fact we are soaking through to the bedding means thats definately the end for them.

Hopefully Tanya will see this :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

megansmummy wrote:Ems at puddlekins will customise the absorbancy of the night nappy for you...she asks you to weigh his nappy before it goes on and after and then works out how much absorbancy you need...they are about £20 each though...

Thats a good idea :D Funny how nappies work better for some than others :-?

I've a LLS NN that has a bamboo hemp fleece core and its pretty absorbent but still wet on the outside in a morning. Since I bought mine Beth has added the option of additional boosting with more bamboo fleece or zorb. I think they are great nappies but you would be looking near to £30 to get all the additional layers when I worked it out for Max.

Also have a HONN and I found that doesn't last well at all - tho its great for daytime use :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Atm puddlekins with 2 boosters are ok for us.or standard minki stuffed with 2 pd and 3 ep hemp.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:07 pm

I was going to suggest puddlekins too. Why not contact Emma and see what she can do for you?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:58 pm

We get on really well with minki standard pockets because you can stuff loads in them. I could lend you one if you wanted? I think Leo is a heavy wetter, we use huggles as a day nappy and get about 3 hours out of them. He weed on his changing mat the other day and there was literally a puddle of wee because he was on his belly at the time.

My avatar
diane_w
Clothie
Clothie

Postby diane_w » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 pm

we use kiwi quick flips for night use. Bit bulky in the day but overnight they're ideal. I bought mine in a set with wrap off nappyelite a while back and it's never let us down.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks everyone (specially Joeli for the kind offer). Ive listed our NN and im going to have a break from night nappies for a little while. Once ive rethought my stash a bit i will try something else.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi, sorry I missed this. Bella now has 2 Puddlekins night nappies, which she has failed to pee straight through :) They are the best night nappies we have tried.

Contact Ems and see what she says, but I'm willing to be the first thing she will ask you to do is weigh one of his existing night nappies (so she can work out how much absorbancy is needed) and then she will customise the absorbancy of the nappies for you. As a guide, Bella pee'd nearly half a litre into her WNNN (and it leaked) and Ems made a nappy that would take much more than that to be on the safe side.

And they are the only ones which work for us now. I have tried so many others - not tired LLS ones yets, but they are quite expensive for the heavy wetter version and I don't have the spare funds to use on a nappy which may not work - and none would work now. Bella just pees far too much.

We came very close to giving up on cloth night nappies, but she can outpee a disposable too, so I really don't know what we would have done.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks Tanya :hug:

I think a pk will definately be the next step at some point in the future, but in the meantime its back to dispos overnight for a while.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies