hf1

Luscious Little Somethings V Puddlekins night nappy

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Luscious Little Somethings V Puddlekins night nappy

Postby megansmummy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 am

Help...i really want to get K back into night nappies as he is on sposies at the moment...as much as we tried the fit of the WNNN was just bad on him and marked him something rotton...it was also getting really soggy on the outside :(

So can someone compare Luscious little somethings and puddlekins for me? pleeeease :giggle:

I seriously cant afford to spend out on something that isnt going to work :( :oops: hence the reasons I have gone back to pampers active fit at night...i know they keep him dry and £8 lasts us over a month :oops:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: LLS NN V PK NN?

Postby beffys » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 am

:giggle:

I've never tried a puddlekins, though I will when we have another LO. I think though Emma can make you something much more customised for how much your LO is wetting, in terms of actual absorbency. Ask Tanya about that as she's had a few customs like that from Emma.

You'd really need someone to have tested the heavy wetter LLS version though with bamboo hemp fleece and zorb. Vikki might be useful too as she's tried all the normal fabric combinations of the LLS (so bamboo interlock, bamboo fleece or bamboo hemp fleece). Choice is much more generic and adaptable probably based on wide fabric options available for LLS.

Will be interested in this thread anyhow to see how and if they are actually comparable. :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 am

The problem for me with trying the LLS night nappy is it is a pocket fitted and we have never got on particularly well with them. They start off fitting really well and then suddenly don't seem to fit at all well :(

Add to that the fact that it is nearly £10 more to get a heavy wetter nappy from LLS compared to PK and I really cannot afford £30 for an unknown night nappy, which may or may not fit and/or work :oops: :oops:

I really want to try one, but I think I may try one on Sproglet rather than Bella as I just cannot face wet nights again.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

:giggle: Maybe I should lend some free ones out for people to try. :giggle: Preloved samples and all that. You could just pass them on to the next person.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

That would be ideal for someone like me with an extremely heavy wetter. If I knew it would work, I could then order one or two of them and have different types of nappy in my night stash rather than having all the same. I'd prefer that so if she does change shape again, I won't have to change ALL her night nappies at once ;)

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am

tanya2007 wrote:That would be ideal for someone like me with an extremely heavy wetter. If I knew it would work, I could then order one or two of them and have different types of nappy in my night stash rather than having all the same. I'd prefer that so if she does change shape again, I won't have to change ALL her night nappies at once ;)

If you want you can both go and make an order, but just copy / paste your paypal cart and email or PM to me and I'll get a heavy wetter sample made up for you. I would go for bamboo hemp fleece core, with Zorb.

The condition of it would be you'd have a couple of weeks to test it out, provide feedback and then you need to either return it or pass it on to the next person who would like to try it out. Kind of like a pass the nappy. :giggle: I'd probably make the cuts fairly distinctive so it's obvious they are trial ones, by overpainting them or something. They shouldn't be sold on classifieds obviously.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

what a fab idea...now beth...a bit like yarn...I have no idea what im doing :oops: :giggle:
ETA...just read your posts again :oops: thanks off to do it now!! :wine:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:01 am

Step by step, easy peasy:
pick a size (so Luscious Night - Large)
pick a colourway for outer
pick outer fabric (velour or fleece is probably best bet
dye effect (most people want scrumpled)
nappy core (bamboo hemp fleece)
Nappy inner (whatever fabric you prefer)
Add a bamboo hemp fleece core insert and Zorb Booster - Night

Then just copy what you have out of your paypal cart and email or PM to me and I'll add as a trial sample to the list of orders.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

beffys wrote:Step by step, easy peasy:
pick a size (so Luscious Night - Large)
pick a colourway for outer
pick outer fabric (velour or fleece is probably best bet
dye effect (most people want scrumpled)
nappy core (bamboo hemp fleece)
Nappy inner (whatever fabric you prefer)
Add a bamboo hemp fleece core insert and Zorb Booster - Night

Then just copy what you have out of your paypal cart and email or PM to me and I'll add as a trial sample to the list of orders.

Thank you Beth, that is so kind of you. I will go and do it now :)

Next

Return to Night Nappies