hf1

Luscious Little Somethings V Puddlekins night nappy

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: LLS NN V PK NN?

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Ooh i would love to try out a medium one, how do I add myself to the list?

Rach xx

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I'll make a page and sign up on website in the next week when I get a chance. I think bamboo hemp fleece is the best core fabric for absorbency. Takes a good few washes to get up to full absorbency and for the fabrics to shrink completely too. I still use HLBB and our LLS nappies. Have some yummy HOs too. Ella's in toddler sizes now for HL and HO, which helps too.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Hmm we only have Day in HO, love them though!
I think his WN are just too big at the minute, the leg gape is huge!
Right, will make sure I go for that for my Nappy Club ones :D

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Ooh this is a great idea, I bought a heavy wetter hemp/zorb LLS night a couple of weeks ago, only actually used it once so far and it leaked baaaadly, but I haven't washed it much yet. I was going to ask you Beth, is it possible to buy the zorb boosters on their own? Without poppers so they can just be added? The fit is amazing and I'm sure I will get it to work somehow but I think it will need some boosting (really really heavy wetter).

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Yep you can get custom boosters as have done them before, but would need to check with Amber on that first. You really need to prewash a good few times to get the absorbency up. There is a lot of fabric layers in heavy wetter ones, so if they aren't up to full absorbency yet they won't perform as well as they should.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:02 pm

WillowRose wrote:Ooh this is a great idea, I bought a heavy wetter hemp/zorb LLS night a couple of weeks ago, only actually used it once so far and it leaked baaaadly, but I haven't washed it much yet. I was going to ask you Beth, is it possible to buy the zorb boosters on their own? Without poppers so they can just be added? The fit is amazing and I'm sure I will get it to work somehow but I think it will need some boosting (really really heavy wetter).

As Beth said they'll need a fair bit of prewashing...hemp in particular needs about 8-10 washes before it'll reach it's most absorbent state.

TBH hemp may not have been the best choice if your lo is a very very heavy wetter....in particular if they're a fast wetter too. Hemp can hold a lot but takes a while to soak everything up. The Bamboo Hemp Fleece may be the better option (either with zorb or extra BH Fleece layers in the core) as it absorbs a lot faster and can hold probably more liquid than the Hemp alone.

Yes an addidional booster can be made....maybe you'd like to try a BH Fleece one?

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

I think it was actually bamboo hemp fleece that I got inside the nappy. I will give it some more washes before using it again! :lol:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Findlay said he would be interested in testing a small heavy wetter night nappy as if it can cope with his wetting it can cope with anyone's wetting (the local fire brigade are thinking of using him to put out large fires! :giggle: ) and I'd love to find a night nappy that worked for him. He is now a whopping 12lb 5oz but he's long and slim (he still fits in XS Sandies and isn't on the loosest snaps of them bless him)

Previous

Return to Night Nappies