hf1

Limited selection - what can I use at night?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Limited selection - what can I use at night?

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm new to cloth but slowly building up my stash. I want to take the plunge soon and try to start using them full time. I've never used them on DD at night before but tonight I want to be brave and try it!

What is good for using at night? I have a Little Lamb bamboo shaped nappy (and a Little Lamb wrap) will that do? Will I need to put extra boosters in it?

Apart from this I only really have pockets (except for one other two parter, not sure what brand as it was given to me), and a couple of AIOs.

Any advice would be great, thanks x

Edited: meant to say, she goes to bed at 8pm and usually sleeps through til about 7 am

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Limited selection - what can I use at night?

Postby emmalala » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I've used a little lamb overnight boosted, is she a heavy wetter though?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Ooh I dont know tbh, what would you class as a heavy wetter? I know normally in the morning when she gets up her sposies are VERY full :-? but then again maybe that'd be normal on any baby who's had a nappy on for 11 hours lol. Hmm x

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:56 pm

It really is experimentation at one point we were able to use a bumgenius with two of the bigger inserts in overnight and that was enough but now we use night nappies.

I would definitely boost the little lamb, just try adding in more or less boosters each night to you feel that you are happy.

Good luck and yay to being in cloth at night :wine:

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 pm

My ds has gone to bed tonight in a little lamb boosted up with a piece of hemp and a disposable night booster. That should do him. Then his got shorties over the top. He often wear the ll for bed as its quite absorbant and just right for him boosted up.
In sposis he will wake in the mornings and his nappy if FULL but ud be surprised when you put lo in cloth over night how much they may not actually wet. I used to think he wet loads till i put him in cloth and was surprised that he couldnt out wee a night notion. not fully.
I would put a booster in her nappy and see how goes with that if she too wet then you know you need an extra and just keep addin till you happy really.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:33 pm

dans gone to bed in a boosted little bamboo little lamb and longies :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 pm

I used to use boosted LL's as well and they were great, think I added an easy peasy hemp insert and a small bamboo insert, it lasted well but we only use wool or fleece at night x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 pm

i too like kirsty have used bamboo ll's overnight boosted with an easy peasy hemp and another bamboo booster. it was while we was waiting for our wnnns to arrive and i was realy struggling at nights as we didnt have any night nappies.
they worked great hun and ethan sleeps 12 hours too.
his nappy was saturated in the morning but there was no leaks and he wore a fleece soaker over the top.
another tip is to use a big fleece liner so your lo's skin is kept dryer.
I am new to littlelambs but am realy quite fond of them and will quite happily use them overnight again if my wnnns are all in the wash or something...plus if it works well for you it will be brilliant as they are realy cheap to pick up preloved.
good luck hun x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Ella's House Bum huggers are quite good too. We boost with some cheap Microfibre towels from £land :giggle:

Return to Night Nappies