Our first night in cloth was......

My avatar
Pippa103
Clothie
Clothie

Our first night in cloth was......

Postby Pippa103 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:46 am

brilliant!!! :happypixies:

I put her in a WNNN and a WN fleece wrap and she slept through for the first time! Yippee! I'm chuffed to bits.

Her grobag was slightly damp in the morning but she didn't seem to mind. The nappy was sodden inside the wrap but no major leaks I think. Is that slight dampness normal? I could put her in a PUL wrap but wondered if that might get a but hot and stuffy overnight.

Hooray for cloth.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Our first night in cloth was......

Postby emmalala » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 am

:wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat May 01, 2010 10:08 am

Pippa103 wrote:Her grobag was slightly damp in the morning but she didn't seem to mind. The nappy was sodden inside the wrap but no major leaks I think. Is that slight dampness normal?

Hooray for cloth.

I find this sometimes with wool wraps - not exactly damp as such, but more cool to the touch if that makes sense? DD doesn't mind at all, I think it's just the moisture evaporating. I used to use PUL wraps at night and found the nappies were much wetter inside those than they are inside wool.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 am

:wine: :wine: :wine:

That slight dampness is normal in fleece for babies that don't move alot during the night. Are you happy with the sodden nappy inside? You might want to add a small booster.

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Sat May 01, 2010 10:59 am

:wine: :wine: :wine: thats great if nappy is sodden could you boost a little more?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue May 11, 2010 10:02 pm

[/quote]

I find this sometimes with wool wraps - not exactly damp as such, but more cool to the touch if that makes sense? DD doesn't mind at all, I think it's just the moisture evaporating. I used to use PUL wraps at night and found the nappies were much wetter inside those than they are inside wool.[/quote]

I always wondered how it's possible to be damp but not damp lol, the things you experience when you use cloth!

:wine: well done, hopefully you will have many more cloth nights x

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu May 13, 2010 7:45 pm

I do the sniff test on the grobags LOL If they dont smell of anything its just evaporation, if it smells of wee its a leak :wink:

Hope you have many more fluffy nights to come :D

Return to Night Nappies