hf1

Huggles and Boosters?

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Huggles and Boosters?

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi, I am new to cloth and am currently putting Jack in Huggles at night time. I have found that I need to boost them. I have bought some hemp inserts - are inserts the same as boosters? I can't really see a difference! Anyway, I don't think that the insert with fit in the pocket inside the huggles - can i just lay it in the pocket?

Sorry to sound like a total idiot!!! :lol:

Thanks,

Ruth xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Ruth,

when you say the pocket inside, do you mean the pocket thing (well a hole anyway!) that is inside the integrated booster? If so just ignore it I don't think it's meant to be used to stuff things in, I tried in the early days and it's impossible!! :?

Boosters and inserts are pretty much the same thing. Yes the easiest way is to just lay the booster inside, I tend to put it together with the insert that's attached and then stuff the whole lot in! If you are using hemp make sure its under the terry as hemp is slow to absorb although very absorbant. I tend to use a hemp booster and a microfibre cloth as Louis is a heavy wetter. My only other thing with Huggles is I have quite big hands and i found it difficult to get my hand in to get it all nice and flat so I just cut the fleece to make the hole a bit bigger!

I'm not sure if you know but hemp takes about 12 washes to reach full absobancy so don't be dissapointed if it isn't as absorbent as you hoped initially.

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know how you get on!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:57 am

Me again!!! Is it normal for a baby not to be able to move/stand up in huggles? I am so worried I am actually do him harm by making him wear these as he seems very uncomfortable in them and really has to work hard to stand up, thus in the morning he is in a foul mood as he is usually standing up and waiting for me when I come in! In these he just sits in a lump with a cross face!!!! :x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Depends how much you boosted it I guess! Isabelle's not standing yet but can move around fine in her huggles - but then I tend to boost between the nappy and the wrap...

They are probably the bulkiest nappy really - even including terries!!

Return to Night Nappies