hf1

Newborn/small night nappies

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Newborn/small night nappies

Postby happytails » Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Which did you use when your LO was small? And which do you recommend?

We didnt start using cloth until DD was 2 weeks old and at night we just used tots bots with a pul wrap and changed her at every feed until she fit into WNNN (medium). I would like to start using night nappies earlier on with this LO :)

Thanks,
Sarah x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Newborn/small night nappies

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 03, 2010 4:21 pm

I didnt bother with a proper night nappy untill they were sleeping a bit longer which was about 4 months or so i would probably just use boosted nappies untill then...or maybe a small bedbug...they look really cute!! :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon May 03, 2010 4:57 pm

I never used dedicate NNs either until they went into Ms as all of them dirtied their nappies at every feed so there was little point. However next time I will be getting bedbugs and Puddlekins (mainly because they are cute though :giggle: ) . I don't think many other WAHMs make S night nappies.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm

LLS does small and I can do custom, smaller than small sizes too.

Like the PPs I'd just use any nappy as they needed changing so often then moved onto Huggles/UD's and home made nappies when they were bigger :)

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

angelsquidge wrote:LLS does small and I can do custom, smaller than small sizes too.

I was just about to say if DH ever allows me a 3rd LO I would order some LLS nappies with matching interlock longies and vests to come home from hospital in etc - but i'm wishful thinking as he is planning a vasectomy soon!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 pm

We started using dedicated night nappies when Rufus was 6 weeks, first I used to put him in any nappy from 8pm til 12pm then after that feed I'd change him into one of the 2 small Bedbugs that I'd bought for him, that used to do him til 6.30am when I'd get up change him & feed him again as I didn't change him after his 2.30am feed as it woke him up to much & he wouldn't go back down... That said he has never been a night-poo'er so I didn't have that problem with him.

Small bedbugs are excellent they are nice & soft & fitted him really well - I know that Bums n Roses have a few instock some others might have too, but If you think you might have a heavy wetter I would recommend getting them from Bonnie direct as a custom & having the MF core replaced with something else, hemp/bamboo fleece etc ... as Rufus can now out-pee a standard bedbug so we are going to have to get rid of ours & replace with non-MF versions!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Clara is now 7 weeks and we haven't moved to dedicated nn's yet.

At the start itti's overnight did fine, now i use bg's with both inserts. Tried out my freebie bamboo little lamb last night, and that was fine and needed no additional boosting. Usually she has her bedtime nappy on at 7, and not changed again until about 7am unless she's pooped in the night, but that is very rare. She's a very heavy wetter though.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon May 03, 2010 5:59 pm

We used bgs, bamboo little lambs and bamboo baby beehinds from when She was new, they lasted us the night, oh and we had a s wnnl too, but got that later on

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks ladies, I might get a few small Bedbugs with bamboo fleece core and a LLS small night nappy as we love our large one DD has :D

DD rarely poo'ed in the night from a week or so old so hoping this one is the same! It makes getting them back to sleep so much easier when their little bottoms havent got cold :wink:

Sarah x

Next

Return to Night Nappies