hf1

Help!

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help!

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue May 04, 2010 5:26 pm

i think wool is far better than fleece but then i am not keen on fleece i have a wool soaker you can borrow to try if you like 18 inch rise 20 hips think i got a 18 inch hips too but we use that one the most but woudl happily lend the 20 inch hips one out

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks Hun, that might be a good plan too, work out what size he needs & borrow one to try.
Thanks for the offer :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm

no probs if u do want to try i can post 2morro

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Orchid » Tue May 04, 2010 8:19 pm

nappynutter wrote:I'm not so sure it's anything to do with his nappies. It's normal and healthy for babies to wake frequently during the night (amongst other things it's a safety mechanism) and three months is a classic growth spurt and increased night waking period. Could it be that?

Definitely wss. My little guy is about 6 days younger than your ds and by the sounds of it you have been having more sleep than me! Not sure if you are bf or bottle but my ds has just gone through a growth spurt and was waking every 2 hours where previously he was waking once at 3am (this was for 2 weeks mind he woke every 2 to 3 hours for the first 8 weeks). I'm ebf by the way. I wouldn't suggest sposies cause he was wearing these till he was 6 weeks and I had to change him during the night cause the manky things got too full. He started sleeping 7 hours solid once we switched to cloth.

Anyway for the last 3 weeks we have been using wool fulltime during the day too and have never had a leak overnight except when he was wearing an ill fitting pocket and wee leaked out leg gaps. If you have well fitting fitteds you don't get poo leaks(during the day). I have only had poo on his soakers twice. Overnight I use med wnnn, med puddlekins (I suggest you go for large we get builders bum), and med bedbug and they are all fine. As pp said the wool tends to soak up moisture and it evaporates. Borrow some wool and definitely get on the preloved board cause they will be well lanolised.

I also cosleep and don't get out of bed at all and barely wake up to feed him which helps. Don't be surprised if he doesn't sleep through at this age, my dd is only sleeping all night in her own bed now and she is nearly 4! And I never coslept with her she was in her own room at 6 weeks. This time round I couldn't be bothered getting out of bed 5 times a night! :hug:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Its probably not the nappies, sounds like classic 4 month sleep regression, google this or have a look here.
http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

My LO is 16wks and doing the exact same thing, she's not a heavy wetter so not waking because she's wet. She is bottle fed so the article above doesn't fit exactly but i think she drinks less in the day as she is getting distracted by looking around, also prob having a growth spurt. Don't go spending lots of money on nappies (unless you have a major urge :giggle: ) just wait it out it will get better (i hope).

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Zoey, Ruairidh's sleep went from 10pm til 8am to waking 3 to 4 times per night at 15 weeks. I think its a developmental thing.

This explains a few things too. http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthT ... 22&id=2312

At 16+lb he should fit a M/L bedbug too which may be more absorbant but I think a puddlekins may be your best bet for now.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu May 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks Jen that's good to know ... he's been a bit better the last couple of nights, we've also dropped the infacol which he always needed before & that seems to have helped.

Was hoping M/L would fit, my HL order of 4 fitteds are M/L so that good ... but OMG disaster he's on the last thigh popper of his Felix HO :cry: same for his GHMILY and Teal & Navy OBV so looks like we may need to move on to Sz2 HO already! :shock:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm

OMG Ruairidh fitted that HO til 10 months LOL Rufus must have some super chunky legs going on.

Im in dire need of another night nappy and no where seems to have any instocks :( We are having to do a disposable every 3rd night. I so want a PK but the wait is going to kill me cos Im going to need another pack of disposables (bleugh).

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

His thighs are about 10" at the moment, but his waist is only 16" hence difficulty in getting somethings to fit ... plus I am funny about having things on the last snaps, think it looks untidy but then I am a bit OCD! lol :lol:

I have a M/L bedbug that's BN ... hmmm was trying to think if I could let one of my WNNN's go, but can't pick one out of the 3 lol!

Previous

Return to Night Nappies