hf1

What's a good night nappy?

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

What's a good night nappy?

Postby beaubelle » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Ok, I think I'm going to try cloth at night, but I am concerned about my little man getting nappy rash from being wet. I had a look on the WN site and they are absolutely gorgeous... You could really easily go overboard!! I am so tempted but they are a bit out of budget I think. Are they worth every penny? I read some of the reviews on this site and everyone seems to love them! Do they have a moisture barrier layer to keep baby dry?

Also, are there any more reasonably priced night nappies you could recommend?

Thanks!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What's a good night nappy?

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Have a look on classifiends for WNNN (Weenotion night nappies), that way you get the Wn fluff but at a bargain price!

I prefer BedBugs personally as find them a better fit but again i buy them preloved,

where the stay dry layer is concerned buy some fleece (even a cheap fleece blanket will do) and cut into the shape of the nappy (no need to sew as fleece doesnt fray) and there we go you have the stay dry liner! xxxx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 1:05 pm

I love the weenotions night notions (WNNN)...we had fit issues for a bit but are getting on with them great again! :wine: They can get very expensive if you have embroidery etc but if you keep them plain and simple then they are a really good budget night nappy, they are our favourite! We have minkee outter and cuddlesoft inner and to buy them new i think they are around £15 plus postage. If you choose fleece/minkee or cuddlesoft inner then they are stay dry...you can also use a fleece/minkee liner too :)

puddlekins also do a night nappy, i have one on order atm but they are around £22, Luscious little somethings (LLS) also do them but they are between £22-30? ish, bedbugs are around £25...obviously all these prices are new prices and not pre-loved you can probably get some bargains on classifieds :wink:

From experience i would say that Weenotions night notions are more absorbant than bedbugs without a doubt! I have a puddlekins bamfluff which i love the fit off, its slightly less absorbant that the WNNN...cant coment on the LLS yet but they get good reviews depending on what you choose for the core materials :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Is you lo a heavy wetter? If he is then I would avoid Bedbugs as they have a high microbibre content.
As Tory said Weenotions aren't expensive if you keep it basic, their minkee outers ones are lovely and were dry on the outside in the morning when we borrowed one to try, they have some lovely minkee's as well.
Wildchild are also great as are Lucious Little Somethings (LLS) but they are moth more on the pricey side but so worth it.

Keep an eye out on classifieds x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue May 04, 2010 6:50 pm

PUDDLEKINS! my absolute fave then bedbugs, only liked old style wnnn. Look on classifieds hun loads of bedbugs on there.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed May 05, 2010 9:32 am

We used to get on with WNNN but we sold them all as we werent getting a good fit in the end. At the moment we are using Goodmama night nappy (these are american), Luscious little somethings night nappy - i paid £23 i think but it is definitely worth every penny!

Another one we like is our puddlekins night nappy, again about £20 something, not as absorbent as the LLS but still a fab nappy! Other night nappies we have are Upsy daisy (shop closed so you can only grab these preloved), We have 2 hollow oak night nappies which we get a fab fit with and they are quite thirsty, not sure if Emma is making any at the moment but she did a co-op earlier this year and a few do crop up on the classifieds.

WNNN are great value if you keep it basic and alot of people get on with them :wink:

My avatar
redmum23
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby redmum23 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:52 am

where do you get LLS's?

Thanks,
Anna

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple