hf1

Night Nappy Help

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Night Nappy Help

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed May 12, 2010 4:37 pm

- Dexter out wee's any disposable overnight by morning him. vest, sleepsuit, sleeping bag, blankets and sheet are wet we have to strip everything and start over

He lasted over night in a bedbug with no wet clothes :wine: however the bedbug was sopping wet and the inside of the wrap (WN) was definitely wet not slightly damp - and I worry that it can't be good for him to have that on over night.... I wouldn't like it -

at least his body isn't wet like it is in the disposable but at least as it spreads its not as wet...

Any advice please x x

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Night Nappy Help

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Do you boost? I usually put in EP hemp insert in Isaac's nappies :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Bedbugs aren't great for very heavy wetters so I would either boost them or try something more absorbent. Do you have any fleece or wool you can use overnight rather than PUL? They will both allow some of the moisture to evaporate so the nappies will feel less wet in the morning.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 pm

we couldn't get bedbugs to last overnight at all and only used them in the day.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Louise wrote:Bedbugs aren't great for very heavy wetters so I would either boost them or try something more absorbent. Do you have any fleece or wool you can use overnight rather than PUL? They will both allow some of the moisture to evaporate so the nappies will feel less wet in the morning.

WSS, I would suggest a custom night nappy from Ems or a LLS night nappy, they are great oh and we love wildchild as well

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed May 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks!

- I do boost - we've tried a few different things overnight and the bed bug has been the best we have -

We do have wool - but I've not tried it over night yet - I shall do tomorrow

- I have heard really good things about Beths nappies I shall go have a look ...... :twisted:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 12, 2010 6:44 pm

I have a heavy wetter & bedbugs work over-night for us with a fleece soaker. His nappy is very wet but not soaked after 12 hours wearing it. Like you said though, I would'nt fancy all the moisture being kept in over-night by the PUL - hope you get on ok with the wool. :hug:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:48 pm

was going to suggest pretty much what the others have -

- lovely minkee liner , or fleece liner to keep his 'bits' nice and dry

- pop a booster in , i always us e a hemp insert when needing to use bedbugs over night

- wool or fleece soaker hun , theres no way i could get a PUL wrap to last overnight

xxx

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Kaydi is a heavy wetter at night, I tried alsorts of nappies.
I now only use weenotions night notions with either fleece or wool over.
I've never tried Beths nappies or Emma's at puddlekins but I've heard good things about both.

Next

Return to Night Nappies