hf1

SMELLY WNNN'S

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

SMELLY WNNN'S

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 am

Hi all, All of my NN's have been bought pre-loved. They consisted of HO, HL & WN. The only nappies to absolutely stink in the morning have been the WNNN :-?

The 1st one I tried was old style, the 2nd was newer style & the 3rd was new style one I recieved yesterday (in EUC, not used much at all) so I washed it & Isaac wore it last night. When I went in to check on him before I went to bed, DH said I think he must have poo'd but I knew it was just the nappy.

Has anyone else found this? Why does it only happen with WNNN and none of my others? My latest one is currently being strip washed so hope that helps this time but I fear it won't :(

Siobhan

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: SMELLY WNNN'S

Postby Louise » Fri May 14, 2010 8:54 am

What are the inners made of on the WNNNS? Fleece and minkee can hold onto smells quite badly and may need stripping with washing up liquid. (scrub with washung up liquid and rinse, rinse, rinse) When Ryan was wearing Minki pockets I had to do this regularly as the fleece would hold onto the smell and still smell slightly after being washed.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 am

Louise wrote:What are the inners made of on the WNNNS? Fleece and minkee can hold onto smells quite badly and may need stripping with washing up liquid. (scrub with washung up liquid and rinse, rinse, rinse) When Ryan was wearing Minki pockets I had to do this regularly as the fleece would hold onto the smell and still smell slightly after being washed.

The one last night was minkee lined, the others were fleece. I never have a problem with his pockets which are all fleece or minkee lined - seldom need to do a strip wash but I just do them all when I'm doing the NN's. Will give the washing liquid a try though - does it matter that it's ecover or should I use fairy at my Mum's house :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri May 14, 2010 9:05 am

Shaunie wrote:
Louise wrote:What are the inners made of on the WNNNS? Fleece and minkee can hold onto smells quite badly and may need stripping with washing up liquid. (scrub with washung up liquid and rinse, rinse, rinse) When Ryan was wearing Minki pockets I had to do this regularly as the fleece would hold onto the smell and still smell slightly after being washed.

The one last night was minkee lined, the others were fleece. I never have a problem with his pockets which are all fleece or minkee lined - seldom need to do a strip wash but I just do them all when I'm doing the NN's. Will give the washing liquid a try though - does it matter that it's ecover or should I use fairy at my Mum's house :giggle:

I never had a problem with day nappies either, its the concentrated urine that is produced overnight that caused the problem for us. Any washing up liquid should be fine. :lol:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri May 14, 2010 10:41 am

Mine have started stinking lately too, and mine are all minky or cuddlesoft lined. I think I'll be grabbing the fairy :wink:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri May 14, 2010 10:42 am

When you say scrub - do you mean with a scrubbing brush or just by hand?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:

When you say scrub - do you mean with a scrubbing brush or just by hand?

Hadn't thought of that :giggle: . I imagine just with your hand though :-?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 am

it's explained in detail here
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39305

Return to Night Nappies