hf1

Me again :o(

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Me again :o(

Postby little1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I assume he's been to the GP and been checked for thrush?

Also Have you tried a flip nappy with 2 disposable inserts in, still sposies but at least they biodegrade. I'm using mine for my hols from 14th june but i could lend you one with a few inserts when i get back.

otherwise i've not got any suggestions as we've never had a prob with rashes.

:hug:

p.s if you have to use sposies to keep him well it's a small price to pay, it's only one a day and your LO is the most important thing x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

megansmummy wrote:He loves fruit, lots of it...bananas, strawberries, grapes, cherries etc. he loves bread/jacket potatoes/meat/veggies/eggs etc.
Before bed he has milk. He has his tea about 5pm and itsa combination of the stuff listed above. I make everything from scratch.
The only time i can see food in it is if he has eaten sweetcorn. Smells normal. No red ring around his bottom.
I havnt tried cutting out food, might try that.
he has a bath every 3 days or so. Nothing goes in the bath...occasionally oilatum as he has that on prescription but only probably once every couple of weeks.
He sleeps in his cot, Mattress was replaced when he was born. All bedding/towels are washed at 60c in fairy non bio...same as always...nappies are washed in the same. Line dried. tumble if im desperate but very rarely.

We have tried green baby nappy balm, sudocrem, metainium, zinc and castor oil. We have also tried with/without fleece/minkee liners too..

I feel like such an awkward so and so really :-?

Eleanor, hubby is of the same thinking realy and would prefer i just put him into disps at night, its coming close, i just feel like sorting out his night nappies is becoming a full time occupation atm.

Given that he already has allergies, I really think it's worth finding out if any other foods are causing a problem.

What kind of milk? Soya or something else? Remember soya is in almost everything including bread.

From what you've said the other most likely culprits are bananas, strawberries, egg and wheat/gluten.

I would try cutting these out first and cutting down on soya as much as you can. Soya really isn't very good for you. Asians only eat very small amounts of fermented soya (tofu, soy sauce) and they don't give it to small children.

You would expect to see some difference within a week. Make sure you keep a food diary and check for hidden wheat/soya in everything.

Somebody asked if it was food whether you'd expect to see a rash somewhere else. Not necessarily. A reaction can be days or even a week after the food is eaten and in babies the rash very often appears on either their face on their bottom.

Fairy causes a lot of people problems (both the perfume and with build up) but washing detergent is a very personal choice. However, you need to wash bedding above 60ºC to kill mites.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:55 am

I think if it was a food intolerance you'd expect it to happen with over nappies too, not just cloth at night.doesn't sound typical of one to me.
More likely to be the length of time wee is in contact with the skin i would think.cutting out acidic things might help.i think if it was me i'd stick to disps for now and try again in a few months as i know poor tory has tried loads of things.cutting out soya isn't really an option for her i don't think.

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:58 am

Oh what a nightmare Tory :( The only time Elliott gets a rash is if I leave his nappy on too long :oops: It's never a bad rash and goes pretty quickly but must be because his bum has been in contact with the wee too long. Maybe this is happening to Kieran now as he's weeing more as he's getting older. I think what Lexi said about going with the disps for a little while and then trying them again is a good idea, or until you have your LLS nappies which hopefully are the cure :wink: I hope you sort something out soon :hug:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 am

lazylexis wrote:I think if it was a food intolerance you'd expect it to happen with over nappies too, not just cloth at night.doesn't sound typical of one to me.
More likely to be the length of time wee is in contact with the skin i would think.cutting out acidic things might help.i think if it was me i'd stick to disps for now and try again in a few months as i know poor tory has tried loads of things.cutting out soya isn't really an option for her i don't think.

I was nappy seller for over ten years, ran several nappy networks and projects and advised the government on the real nappy campaign. I've seen this before. Every time it either passed after a couple of weeks or was identified as an allergy/intolerance (not always to food). As he already has known allergies this is the best place to start, especially as cutting out certain foods has already helped. Even if an allergy/intolerance is not the problem, it is important to rule it out for the sake of his health. I didn't say cut out soya, I said cut down as much as possible, there are plenty of other alternatives. In any case, I suggested doing it for week to see if it helped, not forever. I have already suggested changing more often at night.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am

nappynutter wrote: I have already suggested changing more often at night.

I'd rather get a full night's sleep and a peachy bum in the morning with a disposable tbh than wake him up to change him. :giggle:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 am

Scotia wrote:
nappynutter wrote: I have already suggested changing more often at night.

I'd rather get a full night's sleep and a peachy bum in the morning with a disposable tbh than wake him up to change him. :giggle:

She doesn't need to get up and change him in the middle of the night, just try changing him again before she goes to bed.

If you went to your GP with a nasty rash and the GP prescribed a cream and told you just to use that indefinitely because it wasn't worth finding out what was causing it, you would presumably be annoyed. I would hope you would anyway, because that's a pretty uncaring attitude to have.

Tory, it's obviously up to you but I reckon it's worth eliminating certain things for a week and keeping a food diary. It's not about which nappy you use (it makes no difference to me that you are using a disposable at night), it's about making sure he doesn't have any other allergies you don't know about yet. To me, a rash is not something you just ignore. If it was me, I'd want to find the cause. I'm just trying to help find the cause.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:32 am

If I changed Kerr at that time though, no matter how quietly or gently I did it, that would be him up for the next day. It's not a personal attack on you, fair enough you want to find out what the problem is, but I'm just giving my opinion too. I'm not telling Tory to do anything.

ETA, really sorry Tory, I'll butt out now :hug:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:02 am

Scotia wrote:If I changed Kerr at that time though, no matter how quietly or gently I did it, that would be him up for the next day. It's not a personal attack on you, fair enough you want to find out what the problem is, but I'm just giving my opinion too. I'm not telling Tory to do anything.

ETA, really sorry Tory, I'll butt out now :hug:

I'm not trying to tell Tory what to do either. Like I said, it's up to her. I just don't think it's helpful to make fun of or mock my suggestions.

Anyway, I've said my bit. I'll leave it at that.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies