hf1

Me again :o(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Me again :o(

Postby tanya » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 pm

If it's his wee that is toxic, could you dose him with A&P powders to help neutralise the acid a bit?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Probably very silly question, but have you tried getting rid of the liners all together? I thought it'd never work, but after someone here suggested it, we tried it and it did work. His bum is absolutely fine at night, whereas before we were getting redness in the morning.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:28 pm

joeli wrote:Probably very silly question, but have you tried getting rid of the liners all together? I thought it'd never work, but after someone here suggested it, we tried it and it did work. His bum is absolutely fine at night, whereas before we were getting redness in the morning.

Yup, fleece and minkee etc. can cause a rash too.

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

No suggestions as everything I can think of has been suggested, but :hug: to both of you - we have the same type of rash - ours seems to be solved by a huge fleece square and using lanolin as a moisturiser/barrier, and touch wood we're fine atm, but it's so awful while it's going on, especially when you can't work out what it is - I've owned so many different nappies it's a standing joke now :roll:

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:04 pm

We use a Drybees fleece pocket at night, and even though M is quite a heavy wetter, her bottom is bone dry in the morning, and the fleece lining is too. It doesn't feel quite like other fleece linings, but I'm not sure if it is different.....
Not sure what size your LO is, but you'd be welcome to try it if you haven't completely given up trying new things.....
Further thought re the cause - if it was an allergy, surely it would cause a rash elsewhere rather than just her bottom...???

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:29 pm

What does he eat?
What are his favourite foods? These are the ones mostly like to be causing a problem (the short term endorphin realise is addictive and makes you crave more of it even although long term it's harming your body).
Have you tried cutting out all food and just giving him milk for a few days and see what happens? (There's no reason why you can't do that easily at his age. Most of my kids didn't start having solids until between 13 and 15 months, milk only is perfectly fine until the age of 2).
What does he eat before bed?
What is his poo like? Can you see food in it? Does it smell normal? Does he have a red ring around his bottom?
How often does he have a bath? What toiletries do you use?
Where does he sleep? How old is his mattress? How often do you wash his bedding and how?

Right :)
He loves fruit, lots of it...bananas, strawberries, grapes, cherries etc. he loves bread/jacket potatoes/meat/veggies/eggs etc.
Before bed he has milk. He has his tea about 5pm and itsa combination of the stuff listed above. I make everything from scratch.
The only time i can see food in it is if he has eaten sweetcorn. Smells normal. No red ring around his bottom.
I havnt tried cutting out food, might try that.
he has a bath every 3 days or so. Nothing goes in the bath...occasionally oilatum as he has that on prescription but only probably once every couple of weeks.
He sleeps in his cot, Mattress was replaced when he was born. All bedding/towels are washed at 60c in fairy non bio...same as always...nappies are washed in the same. Line dried. tumble if im desperate but very rarely.

We have tried green baby nappy balm, sudocrem, metainium, zinc and castor oil. We have also tried with/without fleece/minkee liners too..

I feel like such an awkward so and so really :-?

Eleanor, hubby is of the same thinking realy and would prefer i just put him into disps at night, its coming close, i just feel like sorting out his night nappies is becoming a full time occupation atm.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Hope you find a solution that suits everybody, it must be really annoying too have all those lovley night nappies and for none of them to work :( I have no other suggestions...wish I had :hug:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 pm

megansmummy wrote:Eleanor, hubby is of the same thinking realy and would prefer i just put him into disps at night, its coming close, i just feel like sorting out his night nappies is becoming a full time occupation atm.

:hug:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Have you tried using biological washing stuff? I heard lots of people say that non bio deasn't clean effectively enough for nappies?

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies