fleece vs Wool

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

fleece vs Wool

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 pm

:idea:
we have been using fleece for about 2 months at night with no problems and wool interlock and wooly wool in the day with no problems,
Ive tried using wool at night and seem to get alot more damp spots and have had one leak :cry:
Is it because my wool is fairly new or that Honey is still not moving enough :-? It has been lanolised at least 4-5 times now :D its fab in the day the interlock in particular is bomproof :D
just wondered how many of you used at night with no problems we like fleece but love the effects of lanolin on her skin :wink:
so which do you prefer and what works best ?
thanks in advance xxx
Sally

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: fleece vs Wool

Postby choccylisa » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:07 pm

We use both with no problems, although I know a few people have problems with fleece because their lo's don't move overnight much so they get concentrated wet patches. We only use wool longies overnight, but fleece soakers and flongies. I love the look, feel and smell of wool but love the feel and easy washing of fleece :giggle:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm competely biased. I have a thing for mainly natural materials though, so not convinced on fleece except for nappy inners.

Would minkee longies work overnight? How come fleece does in comparsion? I'm tempted to try out minkee ones now. :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I can't compare as have never used wool but I always use fleece over-night with my heavy wetter & don't get any leaks or rashes :wine: . Love the easy of washing fleece too :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 pm

I am a big wool addict and love it, i always use it at night, i have tried fleece overnight but i wasnt sold on it at all, it made the nappies feel much wetter than wool too...

Like Beth, i like the fact that the wool is a natural fibre too.

When you got the leak was the nappy completly sodden? wool is fab but the nappy needs to be absorbant enough otherwise it will leak..as would interlock and fleece too. Some people need to lanolise 2-3 times before using for night so deffinatly try again if you had only lanolised once when you tried last time. I have been using wool/cloth at night since Kieren was about 4 weeks old and we never did get leaks untill we tried to use bedbugs unboosted ( :roll: :giggle: )

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 pm

If the nappy was sodden could you add some more boosting? Sorry if you ahve already thought of that :oops: We haven't ever had any leaks with wool interlock and Evie is a very heavy wetter, but I do heavily boost every night nappy. :D

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:37 pm

she was having a heavy wetting night for her :shock: when it leaked and it may have only been lanolised once (with water refreshed with lanolin twice) I have done it a few more times since so will try again she isn't usually a heavy wetter and most nappies are still not wet thru in the morning, we dont have night nappies atm but we would consider buying some to use wool as I think it's loads better for her skin,

she is in fleece tonight and will try her wool again tomorow we were on hol when we tried it so she was waking and :bf: alot more than normal so I was having to change her halfway through the night :roll: but we only had one leak and didn't have any of our mega absorbant nappies with us so fingers crossed as I have some more wooly bits on the way :giggle:

and another question do people lanolise their interlock wraps? I have been just wondering if other ppl did too?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 pm

I have used both and now use wool full time. We all love it and have never had leaks at night where as we did with fleece!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 pm

we prefer wool, I don't really like fleece for a nappy cover tbh. we had a couple of damp nights when we first started using it, but since lanolising more and DD starting to move around more we haven't had a single damp patch or leak :wine:

we love our wool!

Next

Return to Night Nappies