hf1

Need some Night Nappy Advice.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Need some Night Nappy Advice.

Postby scarlet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 am

First of all I am very new to this website and completely clueless at all the abbreviations so I will apologies in advance!

To the point in hand : My daughter is nearly 7 months and we have been using itti bitti snap in nappies day and night with her. I know itti's aren't night nappies but they have been working fine up untill now :( . We love the itti's and are happy with the day use but after having a few soaked right through nights I think we need to use some proper night nappies!

The leaks are coming at the front near the belly area possibly as my daughter is quite slim in the tummy area or possibly due to her rolling on to her front?

Anyway we need some night nappies but I have no idea where to start having never used them be4, any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! :hug:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Need some Night Nappy Advice.

Postby mummy2threeboys » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:30 am

We use Holden's landing bedbugs for night but you could try Ella's house bumhuggers or Wee notions night notions (these are fitted nappies though so they would need a wrap over the top). I find hemp or bamboo nappies are better for night.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks very much, so would all the nappies you have mentioned need wraps? Would they work with the knitted longies as wraps or need the plastic wraps?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 am

Also do they last all night or do they need changing through the night?

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 am

Wool over the top would be fine :)

They all should last all night, it sounds like your little one isn't a heavy wetter (my youngest can out pee an itti in less then an hour) but you can add boosters if need be.

If you want to use pockets then Greenkids anytimes might be worth a try but they are one size so might be bulky or Blueberry one size would probably work ok to but they aren't proper night nappies.
Last edited by mummy2threeboys on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 pm

sounds like you deffo need some proper night nappies now hun , yay to fluff shopping!! :wine: :wine:

I would recommend holdens landing bedbugs ( HLBB) and weenotions nightnotions (WNNN) too , try the classifieds for preloved first as this is the cheapest way , and if you dont see any on there pop up a 'wanted' :) :)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:47 pm

We get on with holdens landing bedbugs but lots of people use wee notions night notions etc. You can use wool, fleece or a PUL wrap over them. We use fleece soakers because they're cheaper but wool would be lovely. My little man gets a sore bum if I use PUL over night but is clear using fleece.

If you'd prefer a pocket over-night, lots of people use minky pockets as they have plenty room for stuffing but are HUGE and not really suitable for day use in my opinion. Also, bamboo more absorbant for nights :wink:

Siobhan x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks everyone! I have posted a wanted ad up so lets keep our fingers crossed! Where have you bought your holdens from? I just bought a Upsy Daisy from Jabula to try Image

Next

Return to Night Nappies