hf1

Sherpa? Any info

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Sherpa? Any info

Postby ems » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:15 am

If in doubt you can always contact me about the nappy, either here or though my website ;)

These threads might sway you.. or not....

http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/a ... sherpa.asp

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27457

My avatar
daisy0306
Clothie
Clothie

Postby daisy0306 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:02 am

Sherpa is not very absorbent but it stays nice and soft over time, even with heavy use. I would sell it as a med-wetting night or nap diaper.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 am

It might actually be a day nappy, I sold both. The day nappy was two layers of sherpa with two layers for each booster and the night was three layers, with again, three layers for each booster. Some plain and some with knot prints on the outside. I've had lots of people contact me about them since so I've brought the sherpa back :)

Sherpa is extremely absorbent.The cotton sherpa I use which is a 490gm 90/10 actually holds more liquid than the heavy weight bamboo fleece and absorbs it much faster.

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 am

ems wrote:It might actually be a day nappy, I sold both. The day nappy was two layers of sherpa with two layers for each booster and the night was three layers, with again, three layers for each booster. Some plain and some with knot prints on the outside. I've had lots of people contact me about them since so I've brought the sherpa back :)

Sherpa is extremely absorbent.The cotton sherpa I use which is a 490gm 90/10 actually holds more liquid than the heavy weight bamboo fleece and absorbs it much faster.

Ems - Where would I find it in the shop?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 am

ems wrote:It might actually be a day nappy, I sold both. The day nappy was two layers of sherpa with two layers for each booster and the night was three layers, with again, three layers for each booster. Some plain and some with knot prints on the outside. I've had lots of people contact me about them since so I've brought the sherpa back :)

Really?! Why didn't it last very long, was it the pul wrap, maybe wool or fleece would be a better option? It has the knotting look to it, with the 2 boosters/inserts.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I'd have no idea why it didn't last long for you that time. Did you boost it with anything else? Those nappies I only sold for a matter of a 3 months. So I know it would be at least 9 months old .. and my design and the way I make night nappies has completely changed since that time.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies