hf1

Baby waking - nappy or just one of those things?

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Baby waking - nappy or just one of those things?

Postby quorlia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi,

I am currently using a Bambinex Bamboo nappy with the supplied booster and an extra cotton booster at night but my previously angelic LO has started waking more often, especially towards the end of the night and I suspect that this combination isn't lasting (it's always soaking when we change in the morning but that's to be expected surely!). Now I need to get the next size up and as I'm not too impressed by how the Bambinexes are lasting I was going to try some Little Lamb bamboo nappies but was wondering a) is it worth getting some of the extra little lamb boosters for nighttime or just sticking with my cotton boosters and/or b) should I be looking for specific night nappies? I can't really see how I could add more boosting to my current set-up as the wrap won't go over any more (don't want to use woollies as DH has a wool sensitivity so avoiding wool for the time being) and besides, won't it be uncomfortable for baby if she has a huge bum???

Kirsty
:bf:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Baby waking - nappy or just one of those things?

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm

quorlia wrote:Hi,
and besides, won't it be uncomfortable for baby if she has a huge bum???

No, Oscars bum is huge when he goes to bed and he sleeps really well now :wine: . No idea re your nappies as we use tots bot fluffles at night.

The other benefit of a huge bum is that when he has his 10 min play downstairs, he falls and it never hurts :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Kirsty, have you tried a fleece soaker instead of a PUL wrap? The fleece works a bit like wool and I've found them very good for night time. I would also try a specific night nappy rather than the Bambinex or LLs. Wee Notions night nappies are good and very absorbent, and they are not overly bulky either. I think there are some of them for sale on the classifieds fitted nappies section on here :wink:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I'd also recommend using a dedicated night nappy, and avoiding cotton as it really isn't that absorbent compared to bamboo and hemp. I agree that fleece makes a fab cover at night as it helps some moisture evaporate.

Weenotions Night Notions are particularly fab.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Scotia wrote:Hi Kirsty, have you tried a fleece soaker instead of a PUL wrap? The fleece works a bit like wool and I've found them very good for night time. I would also try a specific night nappy rather than the Bambinex or LLs. Wee Notions night nappies are good and very absorbent, and they are not overly bulky either. I think there are some of them for sale on the classifieds fitted nappies section on here :wink:

WSS, I did use size 2 LL's overninght with good success but I added a petie dessous insert and an easypeasy one to it, I also loved babybeehinds for nights as well.
Now we use Wildchild or luscious little somethings night nappies

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I 2nd the fleece rather than pul, it's got to be more comfy for them and I it's meant to make them less soggy as wetness evaporates, wool too!
I always think when she wakes it's the nappy and end up changing so never know if she would go right through :roll:

Return to Night Nappies