hf1

Going to try cloth at night - advice??

My avatar
kiwimama
Clothie
Clothie

Going to try cloth at night - advice??

Postby kiwimama » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello! My very first post, so happy have found a UK based nappy forum as all my friends are in NZ and the nappies they use are not always readily available here. We've used cloth since DS was about 6mths, he's almost 2 now and wetting heavily through the night. I have always opted to use disposables overnight but in the past 6mths he is constantly wetting through, have changed brands but its not made any difference. We have a set of 15 TB Bamboozles and a selection of wraps and one fleece wrap plus 5 TB bamboo boosters. Lately I've been putting him in a disposable, a booster or two and then covering in a wrap but he is still sometimes wetting through!! From what I've read today the PUL wraps are not great for overnight so that could be the problem but I also think he is getting too big for the TB size 2's (he is 100cm's tall and about 16kgs ish). Any advice on what cloth nappy might work for us overnight? I have tried the TB bamboozle, boosters plus fleece but that makes for a HUGE bum!!! Plus it means I dont have enough cloth for the two days so since I'd need to buy another couple of nappies I thought I'd see what was out there. Thanks so much, I look forward to your replies.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Going to try cloth at night - advice??

Postby monsterm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:38 pm

One of the best night nappies for a heavy wetter is the wild child night nappy. That is an aussie brand so your friends in NZ will know them. They are quite difficult to get over here. Also worth trying a luscious little something heavy wetter night nappy & puddlekins do custom night nappies for heavy wetters.

The problem with heavy wetter night nappies is that they are expensive but are well worth the money.

Wool is also much better than a wrap for a heavy wetter as it allows some of the moisture to evaporate.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Out of all the night nappies I have tried (puddlekins, LLS, upsy daisy soy, kiwi quick flips, wild child night nappy, slinki minki pockets, and more that I cant think off the top of my head) my absolute favourite is the weeotions night notions...that nappy is pure genius...we dont have to boost it at all and it lasts my 13 month old son overnight and the minkee is almost dry on the outside in the morning...

We have had to boost everything else and it was either very wet on the ouside in the morning or the fit was terrible...infact the only one where the fit was truley awful was the Wild chil night nappy..i was sooo dissapointed with that nappy :(

I only have WNNN's now...I also think these are the best value when it comes to night nappies, everything else has had to be boosted so if you have to add boosters onto the price of the £25-30 night nappy they get pretty expensive imo :-?

My avatar
kiwimama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kiwimama » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I've had a quick look at the WNNN site and they say the LARGE fits up to 15.9kgs, DS is currently just over 16kgs and I need something that is going to last a good 6mths plus so they dont look like an option based on that - shame tho as some super cute limited edition prints!!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Get in touch with Susanna at weenotions because she will make nappies to fit as far as I know. Puddlekins & LLS make nappies to fit also.

I have a heavy wetter & weenotions don't work for her at all. Not all nappies work for all babies so you will have to try a few to see what works for you guys.

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Orchid » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 am

:idea: Hi kiwimama, I am a kiwi mama too living in Leeds :giggle: My ds is 5 months old and I have been searching for THE perfect night nappy too. We have tried puddlekins, lls, holdens landing bedbugs, and weenotions nn. Am ordering some wild child night nappies to try too. These are all dedicated night nappies. And do you know what I have found to be the best? My trusty old fuzzibunz with two folded up bamboo terries and a microfibre booster. I also like our holdens landing bedbug, not sure how it lasts but it does. I think if he is more comfy he wakes up less so I have to feed him less so he wees less iyswim :giggle: My dd didn't have any of these fancy nappies, only fuzzis and she was fine. I agree there is no way ds would last all night in a sposie! Anyway as pp said the only thing to do would be to try them out for yourself :D

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:02 am

The best combination I've found for my heavy wetter is a bamboo night nappy like Fluff N Stuff, with a wool backed booster in it and an extra hemp or bamboo booster for good measure. Wool interlock on top. No leaks with this.
Massive leaks every night (and I mean every) when we had to use disposables for a month. Even with a wrap on top.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:48 am

Weenotions are absorbent enough for us if they are boosted but we can't get a good fit at the mo.other ones we have tried and are good are a puddlekins- Emma who makes them will add extra absorbency at no charge and a little luscious somethings night nappy.even with boosting there's no way any daytime nappies would last us overnight.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 am

Like others have said Ems at Puddlekins will customise a nappy to you exact requirements. Wild Child are great but not sure they would suit a very heavy wetter like you have, we love them and they aren't even damp on the outside in the morning but our DD is a light ish wetter xx

Return to Night Nappies