hf1

Wonderoos at night?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Wonderoos at night?

Postby Bluebell » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:09 am

Hi, I'm new here. Just wondering if anyone uses Wonderoos at night? We currently use them with the large insert during the day, on the medium size, but at night we use disposables :O( If I get different, more absorbent inserts, could we use Wonderoos at night time, or would we need a whole different nappy? Presumably we'd only need about 3 night time inserts/new nappies as we do a nappy wash every couple of days. Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Wonderoos at night?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:13 pm

I think a few people have as from memory you can get a fair bit of stuffing in a wonderoo...

Personally I prefer fitted nappies at night but I know lots of people do use pockets at night...

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks, I had a look at the fitted nappies on a couple of websites, took some time to get my head around it all, and realised it was going to cost a small fortune! So we'll try doubling up the inserts in the Wonderoos with some bamboo and see if that does the trick. Fingers crossed!

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I've never used the Wonderoo at night, but I did use them on my heavy wetting 3 year old until she started potty training. Both inserts with an ella's house hemp sandwiched in between worked just great and would give me 4/5 hours of a power widdling toddler so I would think would work for you overnight?

Wonderoo have just launched a version 2, (not sure what that is like), but you can buy hemp inserts for the Wonderoo 1 if you needed something more than just the microfibre.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:08 pm

I think people generally prefer fitteds for night time as they are more reliable. I know some people do use pockets at night though. Wonderoos didn't work for us overnight but we've used Minkis with success, and in those I use the Wonderoo inserts with an Easy Peasy Hemp booster underneath.

If you find the proper 'night nappies' too expensive, any bamboo fitted might do the trick (again, depending how heavy a wetter your LO is). Before we had proper night nappies, we used to use bamboo Little Lambs and Motherease Sandys, with a Little Lamb bamboo booster. These worked great for us and aren't that expensive either.

Rach xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:12 pm

I have always used pockets overnight. I used Wonderoos with my son and was pleasantly surprised with how well they lasted. They have quite a good containment too.

Good luck

Jan x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 pm

I have used wonderoos overnight on my sons and they were reliable.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for the advice everyone, lots of things to try, hopefully we'll find something that works for us, it'll be nice to go completely cloth... fingers crossed!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 am

DD spent last night in cloth! First time! Just got a bamboo insert and added it to her Wonderoo, and it worked! Yay! I'll just have to get a few more inserts and we'll be able to ditch the disposables! Exciting! Thanks for all the advice. I love CNT!

Next

Return to Night Nappies