hf1

Argh - wet baby again :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Argh - wet baby again :(

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Well, after posting on Monday that re-lanolising worked, Bella has woken up each morning since quite wet. Tuesday morning there was an actual puddle in the cot :shock: :shock:

Dunno what to try now. Gonna try re-lanolising the wool again. Don't think I did it wrong, but can but try.

The weird thing is that when she's wearing her Tots Fleece wrap, there is no leakage :o

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Argh - wet baby again :(

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:22 pm

If you are getting that much leaking then it sounds like perhaps the nappy isn't fitting quite right. Perhaps it is leaking out of a leg hole or something? Even when our woollies need re-lanolising we get dampness as opposed to a puddle.

What nappy did you use? How did it feel when you took it off, was it really sodden?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:31 pm

We have large Huggles, which I guess might be too big... They are a little large round the waist, but the legs seem quite snug. They are completely covered by the Couche Covers.

The wet-spot of the nappy and all it's associated boosting are wet, but not soaked.

Really cannot understand what is going on... Do you suppose the damp (as opposed to puddle) patches are because she doesn't move at all at night?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:51 pm

You can get compression wicking with wool if they don't move much, but I would expect you to get this with fleece too and if the nappy is wet but not soaked I don't think this is the problem.

Does she sleep on her front - Charlotte does and if I am not careful, we have had a gapey front and she has just weed out of the front?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm

I agree with Annette, it does sound like more of a wee leaking out of nappy problem than a wool problem. Perhaps the fleece wrap fits lisghtly differently so it holds the nappy wherever it is gaping.

You would expect a bit of a damp patch if the wool wasn't working properly but not a puddle - and the nappy to be pretty soaking too.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Nope - she sleeps flat on her back. I might try doing the waistband up a bit tighter tonight, I guess there could be a problem with the stuffing making it gape at the back. I guess I should also try pushing the stuffing down a bit at the back of the nappy, but the back of the nappy is the wettest part in the morning.

I WILL CRACK THIS!!! I so do not want to give up on wool. DD's skin hates PUL. It's not too bad during the day as she gets changed frquently, but a 12 hour stretch overnight will leave her with a very red bum :(

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Maybe you could try a different nappy, what else have you got? In desperation I've used one nappy on top of another in the past overnight - at least then you could see if it is the nappies.

Are you adding any extra boosting to the nappy? Perhaps try it without to see if you get a better fit.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Do you think shorties with a tie at the waist would help solve the leakage problem?? :twisted: :twisted: Might be a way to convince DH to part with the cash :D

That combined with a tighter waist band might actually help :)

Hmm, the Bamboozles (which are a much snugger fit) don't seem to leak either. And they are well boosted. Maybe my Huggles are just too big for now.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 pm

It depends where it is leaking from, maybe if the leaks are round the top then a higher rise and tighter waist may help - but then if all the wee is pouring out of the nappy it would go through the wool anyway. Honestly if the nappy is that badly fitting then shorts may not help either.

It does sound like the huggles just aren't a good fit on her. I'd have a look at the night nappies board for other suggestions, or in ther for sale section, I know I'm selling a few ;)

Or just stick with the bamboozles if they are working.

Next

Return to Night Nappies