Nappy rash around tummy/thighs in NN

My avatar
bayleaf
Clothie
Clothie

Nappy rash around tummy/thighs in NN

Postby bayleaf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:53 am

Hiya ladies :idea:
This is my first post. I'm not a newbie to cloth but am at my wits end when it comes to NN.
My Emmett is 9 months old and a super heavy wetter at night. The only nappies that do the trick are WNNN, Puddlekins and LLS HW NN. We use a wool wrap and in the morning the nappies are SOPPING wet.
All nappies have stay dry inners (fleece/minky) and I've stripped them numerous times, always use Surcare or Ecover washing powder, quarter of.
He always ends up with a rash around his thighs around the leg holes and on his tummy. Clearly wee related. His botty however is peachy.
Really don't know what to do.
Your expertise would be very much appreciated.
TIA :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nappy rash around tummy/thighs in NN

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:18 am

dawn gets this sometimes, hers is from the wet nn 'edge' being snug against her skin.

RE the wet nappies, what do you boost with?

and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:55 am

R used to get this and I finally worked out it was minkee lined nappies that were causing it (day or night). I don't think minkee stays as dry as fleece and where the nappy is elasticated caused the rash.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
bayleaf
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bayleaf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks for your replies ladies :D
LLS have got Zorb and the WNNN come with the tri-fold insert. I always manage to sneak in an extra hemp and or bamboo booster, although it's a bit of a tight squeeze with the WNNN. Always completely sodden in the morning (7-7).
I'll try and only use fleece lined ones for a few days to see if it's the minky. OBV was a bit of a nightmare, made his rash really come up. And yes it's only on the 'edges' where it sits snug against the skin.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:07 pm

We got this for a while but it is better now with more absorbent nappies. I cut up some fleece and put it folded over the waistband so the nappy wasn't touching the skin. I lined the nappy so some fleece also stuck out the legs which seemed to help.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:23 pm

we get this all the time, from pockets as well now. we've just started the long road back to fitteds again, and im using super duper sized fleece liners so none of the nappy at all goes anywhere near her skin x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 pm

haven't had the rash yet, but for the boosting, have you tried hemp between the nappy and wool? The Easy Peasy ones fit there really well, and helps reduce the between the legs bulk on the nappy x

hope you solve the rash prob soon... x

My avatar
bayleaf
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bayleaf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:52 pm

*toddles off to cut up a fleece blanket to make super duper fleece liner and to get an easy peasy insert between nappy and wool*

thanks ladies :widesmile:

Return to Night Nappies