hf1

Waking on wetting

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Waking on wetting

Postby SashaE80 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 am

We use WNNN, with their own extra bamboo booster. Although we've just bought a few new ones that are still in the breaking in stage we have several second hand ones that are definitely up to absorbency. Anyhooo, in the mornings the nappies are really wet, even the 'wings', the fleece cover is still dry so there is no leaking. But as he is starting to wet more over night, he is waking up, he's 14 months. I think it is when he is actually peeing the nappy is really wet around him and for the few minutes whilst it soaks it up he gets very upset. To the extent where we have to go and settle him.

I don't mind doing this, but if his sleep is disturbed he likes to sleep a lot more the next day and we end up in a vicious cycle with a crabby baby.

Does anyone boost these differently? I've tried adding an extra fleece liner inside, to keep him dry but it didn't help. I've put extra boosting between the nappy and the fleece but no effect. I'm thinking now of putting a MF insert inside and moving the double length insert to outside, so that is soaks quickly, but i think i may get compression wicking as he doesn't tend to move too much in his sleep. I'm currently waiting on some zorb/bamboo inserts that are being made for me so i may try a couple of them inside...

We can't use wool, I can't bear to touch the stuff, sorry.

Any other suggestions are gratefully received.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Waking on wetting

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi hun

Have you tried any other night nappies? We don't get on with wnnn at all as dd is too much of a heavy wetter. Like your ds, she would wake when the nappy was soaked. A couple of the zorb boosters might help, if he doesn't mind the extra bulk but I don't think the microfibre will help. I suppose there is no point in trying new night nappies until you see if the zorb helps but puddlekins & LLS do night nappies for heavy wetters.

HTH

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I fold the WN insert in half and put it near the front and also add an easy peasy hemp and a bamboo insert. It's still pretty soaking in the morning. Our LLS and puddlekins are drier.

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SashaE80 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks for the advice,

I'll try the zorb and then see about maybe switching. It would be a pain in the bum i've only just bought a few more new ones :hohoho:

I suppose any excuse to try a new one. Puddlekins does sound like the way to go.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

Another vote for LLS & Puddlekins, we use these as well as WNNN's on our superheavy wetter, however they are all completely stay dry lined otherwise we get similar issues & sore skin. I find Microfleece much drier than Minkee so prefer this for NN's

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 am

I used my LLS heavywetter last night for the first time and was suitably impressed. Been having a few issues with night nappies in the last couple of weeks but this wasnt soaked by the morning and hed worn it almost 13 hours (sleepy baby last night!)

Return to Night Nappies