hf1

heavy wetters

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: heavy wetters

Postby charlibunny » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

The only thing that worked for us is pockets... Minki's. I hate them, but they work :(

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Have you tried a Goodmama night nappy? I find this on a par with our puddlekins TBH, our LLS heavy wetters (boosted again with 2 hemp boosters!) seem to be the driest combo so far!

What about HONN? We have these and these are good, again i boost with 2 extra hemp also! xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Im reluctant to buy any more TBH i'll see how my puddlekins heavy wetter go i think. Ive just spent a fortune on 4 brand new night nappies so im so disheartened. What seems to be helping in my day nappies though is some zorb boosters :D Its so different overnight though isnt it?

My avatar
timtam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby timtam » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I've got a 6 month old super-heavy wetter as well and have really struggled with night nappies. WNNN all soaked through within a few hours and anything with microfibre core - bedbugs etc - wet through too.

Best combination so far is a size 2 Nature babies pocket lovable (very thin, MF outer, fleece inner, nippa fastening, MASSIVE pocket) stuffed with 2 EP hemp inserts, a folded PD bamboo insert and either a little lambs bamboo booster or a small MF insert. All the stuffing makes it a very big nappy but I don't think I could gt away with thinner inserts. Topped off with a lovebums wrap or fleece soaker it has worked really well and the nappy is just a little bit damp on the outside by morning. The pocket lovables are really cheap, I paid £5.50 each for them new.

Am also trying a large standard minki pocket at the moment with same combination of inserts...leaked around the legs last night but have given it a quick strip today and am trying again tonight...hoping it works!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:12 pm

might try a massive pocket then thanks guys

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:23 pm

i think i have one of those nature babies loveables somewhere, it has a patteren fleece inn eri know that, would you like me to go on a hunt for it? xx

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:59 am

Lottie is a really heavy wetter at night, i've have to ditch my WN NN as they are just saturated. The only thing that is working for us is WildChild NN with wool interlock over the top. And i've had to limit her intake of milk before bed too :wink: :D

You might find a wool backed booster would help, as someone has already suggested, i think Puddlekins do them, if they dont its worth asking Ems to see if she can make you something maybe :wink:
Or i can lend you one of my WC NN to try :D

Have you tried Nappies by Minki pocket, that might work, have heard really good things about those and you can put loads of stuffing in there. I was thinking of getting a couple just for spares!

Hope you find a solution, its a right PITA when nothing is working :roll: :hug:

Previous

Return to Night Nappies