hf1

Fleece at night.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Fleece at night.

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 pm

We've decided to stop using wool at night and switch to fleece. Reason is Bella went to bed in a boosted Bamboozle with a tots fleece wrap last night and woke up dry. The nappy was soaked, but nothing outside was. Such a shame, as I love our wool wraps.

Now I need to find some decent nappies. I know the Bamboozles work for now, but I don't think I'm going to continue to be able to stuff them to the required levels. There just isn't enough room.

I've got a pre-loved Drybees Fleece night nappy on order to try. Anything else you could suggest?

Also not sure if I should sell our Huggles or save them for a little later?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Fleece at night.

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:08 pm

I've just replied to you in today's chat about the huggle.

Have you tried the bamboozle with wool? It does seem like the huggle might be the problem not the wool, as wool works even better than fleece generally.

Have you tried the huggle with the fleece wrap?

Anyway, other great night nappies are Weenotions Night Notions, Puddlepants weedies, baby Bufters night nappies, Hollow Oak and Jimmy Riddles. Or you could try a minki pocket as they are fab for night.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:12 pm

TBH, I'm not entirely sure the Huggles would fit under the fleece wrap - they are enormous!!

As I said on daily chat, I will try the bamboozle with the wool wrap tonight and see how it goes.

Grrr to night nappies.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Fingers crossed that will work then :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Well, she has gone to bed in a Huggle with the fleece wrap over the top. Now we can find out if the nappies are wrong or the wool. Fingers crossed it's the nappies as I really like the wool covers.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 am

Definitely the Huggles which do not suit Bella at the moment.

When she got up this morning, the fleece wrap, her gro-bag and her sheets were wet :(

Gonna try a Bamboozle and the wool wrap tonight - if the wool is dry.

Shame about the Huggles. Will keep hold of them for a while and see if they fit a bit better when she grows a bit more.

Thanks for the advice.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 am

Glad you found out what was wrong. At least now you know it wasn't the wool.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:33 pm

You could try kiwi kwik flips? They are £5.49 on wizzysworld at the moment, i got a trial pack for £15 (2 nappies and a wrap) which has turned out to be a real bargain.

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:00 am

Hi Tanya

So sorry you're still struggling at night. We must have been really lucky or have a light wetter? Now into my second week of wool at night and I'm so impressed with it. My night time choice is a bumhugger boosted with a mf cloth, under her stacinator. I'm just finding the hemp a lot drier in the morns than bamboo is.

Hope you had a dry baby this morning.

Next

Return to Night Nappies