hf1

Nappy falling off....

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nappy falling off....

Postby anothersquish » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 pm

This is a new one and I cant figure out how to fix it or if its just a shape changing issue. A couple of my night nappies have basically started sliding down during the night so that in the morning they resemble the way some young boys wear their jeans these days (with the backside hanging out!)
Ive changed the way I fasten them (poppers) fiddled with them and even taken out some of the absorbency to see if it helps. What puzzles me is that he is not a mover! We co-sleep so I know how much he is moving at night and he barely moves at all so it seems even slight movement is meaning the nappy is slipping down.
He is long and lean, hes like a bean pole :giggle: however Im not having the same problem with all my night nappies and they have only recently started doing it....same nappies Ive been using for at least 4 months or so!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Nappy falling off....

Postby monsterm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 pm

What size do you have him in? Is he walking yet? Maybe he has lost a little of his tummy coz he is moving more & therefore gone back down a size?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 pm

hes only 5 months so no actual reason for him to suddenly change shape, hes the same shape hes always been and following percentile lines respectively (50th for weight 99.6th for length....beanpole!) The ones Im having most problems with are the WNNN which breaks my heart as I love them SOOOOOO much. They are on the tightest setting for waist and second for thigh, it makes no difference if I put the thigh on the tightest (except to mark his legs...not good) Ive been using the WNNN since he was tiny (12lb!) and they didnt move at all then.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I have the same problem with some nappies, I think it's just a shape thing and you have to find one to suit your baby's shape. I find Holden's landing bedbugs fit my skinny DD very well although we have to boost heavily, but I would rather do that than have the nappy falling down, like you say :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Sorry read your ticker as 2009, not 2010 so I thought he was 17mths. Sounds like a shape thing

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Do you have any front fastening nappies - does it happen with them as well as the WNNNs? I know some people can only use FS or SS on their LO at night. Fortunately we can use both but WNNN are a no no for us as the fit wasnt right :(

Try a few different NN and see what works. WE have a goodmama night nappy (nippa fastening) and we get a really good fit with that. Id offer to lend it you but we havent got enought NN really :oops: but if you can get your hands on one, even just to borrow, it might be worth a try! x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 am

His bedbugs seem ok, one slips down slightly but the others dont, I have Raven trees that are front fastening and they seem to be ok, they slip a little but not so much hes got a full on builders bum. His LLS dont seem to move at all so perhaps I will invest in a couple more (I say it like its a chore...ahaha) and hope that in time the others fit him bum properly again.
Unfortunately we know that GMs do not fit him in any way shape or form! I may try and grab a MonkeySnuggles night nappy though, their day nappy fits nicely (only MS and Mutts of the serged variety seem to fit him at all)

Return to Night Nappies