hf1

Do NN's ever smell nice?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Do NN's ever smell nice?

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Ok, we all know that NN's are notorious for being pongy. I strip washed mine a few days ago but they still smell - will it ever go or are they just going to be like this for-ever? :roll:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Do NN's ever smell nice?

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm

do you mean in the morning when they are wet/dirty or when they are clean...? :-?

Mine smell slightly in the mornings when they are dirty but dont smell at all once they are washed...sorry if thats no help :oops:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:18 pm

My Wee Notions & LLS smell okay(ish) but I have a bedbug which is a back up and that is :puke: :puke: even after repeat striping

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:20 pm

You got me sniffing the nappies now. :hohoho:
Ours reek in the morning (when teething, which seems to be constant :roll: ), but smell of nothing after being washed (in soap nuts, with nothing else added).
It might depend on what they are made of. Mine are all bamboo. I think I read hemp might smell more... maybe.. or maybe I just made that up (the memory isn't what it used to be :cry: )

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm

I think it depends what the nappies are made of, our HL's stink to high heavens in the mornings and our WC used to as well but since I removed the MF inserts from the wildchild it isn't so bad.

so the short answer is yes they do stink by morning :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 pm

bedbugs seem to get smelly but all my others are fine. They can be a bit whiffy in the mornings as Gracie holds on to her wee so it is stronger x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Mine are all bedbugs apart from a LLS which has only been used about 6 times so that's ok. They smell fine after washing but I can almost smell them before entering the boys rooms in the morning :shock:

I used to find my WNNN the worst for never being able to get rid of the morning smell but maybe it's all bamboo NN's?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Shaunie wrote:Mine are all bedbugs apart from a LLS which has only been used about 6 times so that's ok. They smell fine after washing but I can almost smell them before entering the boys rooms in the morning :shock:

I used to find my WNNN the worst for never being able to get rid of the morning smell but maybe it's all bamboo NN's?

That's exactly how our bedbug is! You can smell it from the hallway and when it's used I need to strip the cot & wash the woolies and night clothes :roll:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:37 pm

I have a WNNN that stinks in a morning after use but smells fine once washed :roll:

Next

Return to Night Nappies