hf1

Do NN's ever smell nice?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Do NN's ever smell nice?

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Mine are fine. Soda crystals are amazing :)

My avatar
mumof3boys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mumof3boys » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:47 pm

since i switched to wool it's very rare we have any smell now, i love waking up and smelling the yummy lanolin instead of the pong we had in PUL (with the exception of organic flips, they seemed to be fine :shrug:)

we only have nn on from about 11 till 8/9, could probably do earlier as, 9 times out of 10, his nappy before bed stays dry

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Shaunie wrote:Mine are all bedbugs apart from a LLS which has only been used about 6 times so that's ok. They smell fine after washing but I can almost smell them before entering the boys rooms in the morning :shock:

I used to find my WNNN the worst for never being able to get rid of the morning smell but maybe it's all bamboo NN's?

Some mornings its eye watering in Max's room. My bedbug is the worst. I'm doing a soda crystal wash with it atm in the hope that will help.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Ours are often a bit whiffy in the morning but are fine after washing. Stripping made no difference really. I can't say I've noticed one being worse than the others though. We use wool at night.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Hadn't thought about soda crystals so might give them a whirl.

I also use wool at night and thats fine but the nappy still has an aroma underneath :puke:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Emma1977 wrote:Hadn't thought about soda crystals so might give them a whirl.

I also use wool at night and thats fine but the nappy still has an aroma underneath :puke:

Yeah, on mornings ours are bad it is eye watering :wink: :giggle: Thankfully not every morning though. Think teething makes it worse in our house. Although whether or not they smell in the morning when I get them out of the bucket to wash them they always make my eyes water!! :puke: :puke:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Mine seem to be fine too!

My avatar
PollyC
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PollyC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Do they smell worse than Pampers in the morning? We can often smell A's Pampers from the hallway. We are moving to cloth at night and now I am worried they are going to stink worse than we currently have to deal with.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:01 am

PollyC wrote:Do they smell worse than Pampers in the morning? We can often smell A's Pampers from the hallway. We are moving to cloth at night and now I am worried they are going to stink worse than we currently have to deal with.

I haven't used pampers for years but I do remember that awful smell - still, at least the smell from NN's won't be a chemical smell :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies