hf1

Do NN's ever smell nice?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Do NN's ever smell nice?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Interestingly while at MIL's this week they have been VERY eyewatering ammonia-y but that could be her washing machine as it doesn't seem to be as good as mine...
Also it has been hot so probably more concentrated but I don't use ANY microfibre and use PUL at night and they aren't eyewatering when we are at home...

Eyewatering to me says a nappy that needs stripping at least that is my experience anyway with my girls but I know it isn't the same for everyone...

I also second what Charli said soda crystals are fab and nappies shouldn't smell after washing before use...

My avatar
PollyC
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PollyC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Shaunie wrote:
PollyC wrote:Do they smell worse than Pampers in the morning? We can often smell A's Pampers from the hallway. We are moving to cloth at night and now I am worried they are going to stink worse than we currently have to deal with.

I haven't used pampers for years but I do remember that awful smell - still, at least the smell from NN's won't be a chemical smell :wink:

True! :D

My avatar
babylovesdisco
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babylovesdisco » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:28 pm

i think it seems to depend a lot on what my ds has been eating/drinking....he really like garlic so if he has a curry or garlic bread the nn smells of that....better i think than the horrid fishy/hamster cage smell you can sometimes get :giggle:
alison

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Our baby beehinds are fine in the morning but our bedbugs can be really stinky. They always smell fine after washing though. Ive recently changed powder as I wondered if it was the powder making the bedbugs so bad.

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 am

I have 2 kids in WNNNs and they don't smell.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am

ug, dans wnnn stunk to high heaven this morning. but he had slept 11 hours in it :puke:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:21 pm

:idea: I gave up on NN as couldn't stand the smell :oops: I now use sposies & find the smell much better, but still smelly! I have just however realised I was using WNNN & bedbugs with Microfiber in, do you think that was the problem? :lol:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 am

chocmuffin wrote::idea: I gave up on NN as couldn't stand the smell :oops: I now use sposies & find the smell much better, but still smelly! I have just however realised I was using WNNN & bedbugs with Microfiber in, do you think that was the problem? :lol:

Hadn't thought about the m/f. I think I remember reading somewhere on here about m/f smelling worse but not 100% sure :-?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 am

All our night nappies are eyewatering in the mornings even through wool. Most of the time the sheets smell too but I can't seem to do anything about it.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies