hf1

Boosting a LLS HW night nappy

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Boosting a LLS HW night nappy

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm currently using the LLS heavy wetter pass a nappy and as the nappy is so slim I was unsure of what to use to boost it with as the nappy looks far too narrow for EP hemp etc to fit inside the pocket.

I have tried it twice so far unboosted and even under wool it is drenched all over after 5-6hrs so it will require a fair bit of boosting I think to get it to last 12 hrs.

Is my only solution going to be external boosting and a wrap??

Any advice would be fab xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Boosting a LLS HW night nappy

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:40 pm

When my LLS NN were new and so not up to full absorbancy I used to put a little lamb bamboo booster between the nappy and the wrap. Now I just slip a zorb booster in the pocket as it's so slim it doesn't take up much space.
I did find the absorbancy improved a great deal over time, not sure how many washes the pass a nappy has had?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:39 pm

I boost my large one with a little lamb booster and an easy peasy bamboo.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:07 pm

zoeyboo wrote:When my LLS NN were new and so not up to full absorbancy I used to put a little lamb bamboo booster between the nappy and the wrap. Now I just slip a zorb booster in the pocket as it's so slim it doesn't take up much space.
I did find the absorbancy improved a great deal over time, not sure how many washes the pass a nappy has had?

how many washes do you think before upto full absorbency in your experience? did yours some with snap in boosters too and then you added one zorb booster. Or do you mean just one zorb booster in the pocket on its own?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Sometimes i also put a greenkids or ecoearth bamboo booster in between the 2 layers of the lls insert too.

Return to Night Nappies