Help, high rise on a 21lb baby prob?

My avatar
hedgehoggy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Help, high rise on a 21lb baby prob?

Postby hedgehoggy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi there,
I've been in a predicament for a while now with night nappies having had a few disasters! I ordered 4 beautiful DnF zorb boosted night nappies in medium but they are too low in the rise for Teddy despite the waist being a good fit so selling these on.. but what do i get next without having to make expensive mistakes? :x

At the mo i have LLS, Puddlekins which works well but they can be soaking by morning (think they still need several more washes before they reach full absorbancy as expected) but does anyone have any advice or nappies they would like to sell? Teddy has a very long body so need a good rise nappy without compromising on the waist.

HELP! :cry:
Claire x

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help, high rise on a 21lb baby prob?

Postby Sally » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 pm

what are you using over your nappies ?

um i'd get a custom rise made I think from LLS or PK I find both of those ok in the rise we have mediums in lls and a large in pk this is huge in the rise so we use for bed. or I like weenotions too as there rise is generous I find :D
Honey is a 1lb lighter but long hth :-?

My avatar
timtam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby timtam » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:55 pm

If you don't mind using fleece have you tried a standard or slinki minki pocket? I have a long-bodied baby as well, who weighs at least 21 pounds (not weighed him for a few weeks but he's huge at only 8 months old) and struggled with night nappies until trying these. At the moment the best fit for us is a large slinki minki well-stuffed with 2 hemp inserts, a folded PD bamboo insert and a thin microfibre booster. Still feels dry in the morning although obviously the stuffing is soaked through :wine:

they are velcro fastening as well so loads of room for adjustment, and they are relatively cheap new, often very good value to pick up a few preloved

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm

I find WNNN (Weenotions) are good with a long rise - DD is 23lbs and on 98th % for height, and these work well for us. We also use Holdens Landing bedbugs, have just moved her into toddler size as they seem more absorbent.

Return to Night Nappies