night nappy help......not feeling the love

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

night nappy help......not feeling the love

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 pm

hi all.
Ethans been in large new style wnnns for months now. ive got minkee outer ones with cuddlesoft inners.
they was working well and even though we got leg gape we hardly ever got leaks out of them. i use them under fleece.

anyway.....over the past month ethan has become a bit of a power wee er and quite often his wnnns are soaking wet in the morning so ive had to start boosting them with hemp. (hes drinking more during the day now hence the power weeing)

the thing is that whilst we are managing, i am just not feeling the love at all and am so fed up of him having to wear fleece over them all the time at nights and sometimes wish i could just put him in normal pj's (iykwim?)

we dont do wool as i just cant get into it. i found its ok for days occasionaly but its not for us at night.

we have managed to use standard and slinki minkis before quite well but one of my newer ones bought preloved off here seems to dig in him at the back as the fleece over the elastic seeems so think and rigid so ive found older ones seems softer. he has to wear something over the minkis though because he can undo applix in a nano second....as nursery found out the other day when he was in his bumgenious and they put him down for a nap with no trousers/shorts on over the top! :hohoho: :hohoho:

so what else could we try for nights? whats not too expensive and not too bulky? pref some kind of fleece pocket but am open to other fitteds too. I am just not feeling the love right now for night nappies...however....he outpees disposables now so they are realy not an option for overnight now either :-?
thanks

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: night nappy help......not feeling the love

Postby Mareth » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm

We have one fleece upsy daisy SS pocket which is much slimmer than a slinki minki, but works as a pretty decent night nappy.

You might be able to find them on classifieds, but obviously wouldn't be able to get them new anymore.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 am

the only night nappy that comes close to absorbing isobella's mega piddling is a puddlkins, however they are not cheap im afraid.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 pm

We've had problems with night nappies too and have given up on wnnn and puddlekins due to leg gape atm.our standard minkis keep coming undone and can't get good fit.flutterby fluffs work but only very well boosted and they are leaving marks on nathan's legs!
So atm i have one lls which fits and last night i used a wool ecobubs stuffed with 3 pds and 2 ep hemp which was great!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I use standard Minkis and stick a nippa on them as well so they are more difficult to get off :wink:

My avatar
bayleaf
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bayleaf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Am not feeling the love either. Em's a weemonster and we're now at a point where minky and OBV inners give him a rash as it doesn't stay dry enough.
NNs that work for us are:

Luscious Little Somethings for heavy wetters with Zorb core and I sneak a couple of extra hemp inserts in
WNNN boosted with an OBV towel
HLBB boosted with hemp
Puddlekins (a bit hit and miss cause of leg gape)

Also have thought of buying a cute pair of flongies?? They look lovely and with a T-shirt it's almost like PJs :D

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm

The best ones Ive found for my LO who has developed into a heavy wetter at night are LLS with bamboo hemp fleece cores. Very slim unlike others, wouldnt have tried the bamboo hemp fleece if Beth hadnt suggested it and glad I did as we were starting to struggle with others esp on the fit side as several of his others were slipping down at night even though he barely moves. Why not try one with some flongies as has been suggested? with a matching T shirt they are very pyjama-y
Ive also found that if hes had a feeding marathon before bed if I throw in an extra OBV topped bamboo booster in the LLS it manages fine whereas everything else is literally dripping wet in the morning even with boosting.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi. I think I might see about getting hold of a lls soon to try so we can see how it suits ethan. I use fleece already, (I make my own flongies and soakers) and like suggested I put them with a co_ordinating tshirt so they do look like pjs...problem is I find ethan gets too warm in this weather in flongies but he gets cold in soakers. Am about to make him some new flongies for autumn/ winter ...its just that sometimes I wish he could just wear a normal shop bought pair of pjs or a cute babygrow....will see what I can get hold of over the coming weeks. Problem is I hate, hate, hate waiting for new nappies to be made and. For them to arrive :-) . Thanks everyone x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey hun, i know what you mean about them wearing fleece at night and missing thier babygrows, but i do find that if she wears her babylegs with a fleece soaker she stays warm enough but doesnt get cold ;) xx

Next

Return to Night Nappies