hf1

Wool at night and gappyitis

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Wool at night and gappyitis

Postby Mrs K » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 pm

DS wears wool night and day. At night he wears a WNNN under longies, usually crocheted with a long sleeved t-shirt. This is because he will NOT tolerate covers, never has. As soon as you put a blanket over him he throws it off, even in his sleep. He also hates Grobags. He likes to sleep spread eagled, on his face.

I fuss because his tops always ride up and I worry about him waking in the night cold even though this has never happened :hohoho: . Maybe I'm just a fusspot? I read somewhere that if their kidneys get cold then it causes night waking. He sleeps in our bed - I wear flannel PJs, socks, dressing gown and have a duvet and he wears longies and a tee and no cover.

We've recently acquired a Big Boys Bed for him and as soon as we have a mattress for it he'll move into it but I'll worry more about him getting cold because he won't have our body heat and I won't be able to check him all the time without getting out of bed.

Someone, please reassure me that my child won't freeze to death in the night? Or is there another bedclothes option compatible with night nappies and wool covers? Or has anyone knitted sleepsuits for their kid? Like I said, he sleeps on his front and he's a heavy wetter too.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Wool at night and gappyitis

Postby sjm » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 pm

maybe try to make the tshirt a bigger size so longer and might cover more. Dont think he will freeze but know what you mean about hating covers

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm

There are patterns for knitted, footed sleepsuits, you could try one of those (I'm in the middle of knitting one that is coming up humungous!). Tbh though, I think if he was cold you'd soon find out and he'd probably either crawl back into bed with you or accept a cover. Could it be the fact that he has got your body heat that makes him not want to be covered?

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:43 pm

sjm wrote:maybe try to make the tshirt a bigger size so longer and might cover more. Dont think he will freeze but know what you mean about hating covers

He already does, the sleeves go past his knees :lol:

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:44 pm

ladybird wrote:There are patterns for knitted, footed sleepsuits, you could try one of those (I'm in the middle of knitting one that is coming up humungous!). Tbh though, I think if he was cold you'd soon find out and he'd probably either crawl back into bed with you or accept a cover. Could it be the fact that he has got your body heat that makes him not want to be covered?

Do you have the pattern please? :D

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Mrs K wrote:
ladybird wrote:There are patterns for knitted, footed sleepsuits, you could try one of those (I'm in the middle of knitting one that is coming up humungous!). Tbh though, I think if he was cold you'd soon find out and he'd probably either crawl back into bed with you or accept a cover. Could it be the fact that he has got your body heat that makes him not want to be covered?

Do you have the pattern please? :D

It's http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pepita-2 although only covers one size within the pattern. I'm knitting it in aran on 4.5mm needles and it's coming up huge :lol:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:43 pm

My mum knitted me some sleevless tops that are really long so go down past his bum so less chance of riding up and I used to put it over a long sleeve t-shirt when he was younger.

Oz always kicks his blankets off and a lot of his tops rise up and he never wakes up from the cold.

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 pm

ladybird wrote:It's http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pepita-2 although only covers one size within the pattern. I'm knitting it in aran on 4.5mm needles and it's coming up huge :lol:

How adorable! I'm sure I can tweak it.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:18 pm

How about interlockng vests or tees I Beth would do them they could be tucked in then

Next

Return to Night Nappies