hf1

new to night nappies and wraps - recommendations?

My avatar
curlywhirly
Clothie
Clothie

new to night nappies and wraps - recommendations?

Postby curlywhirly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm

hi ladies,

i have recently bought a holden landings bedbug but haven't used it as i don't know which wraps i should buy??? What do you find works best?

Also, has anyone any recommendations for alternative night nappies? my little girl is 18 weeks old and weighs around 12 1/2 lbs, so she's quite petite. she's also quite a heavy wetter!

thank you,
amy and indigo xxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: new to night nappies and wraps - recommendations?

Postby monsterm » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi Amy :idea:

TBH bedbugs aren't the best for heavy wetter so you might find that you have to boost it. Don't use a wrap with it because pul holds in moisture & the nappy will be soaked before morning. The best thing to use is a wool soaker/longies as wool allows moisture to evaporate. If wool is beyond you for the moment then a fleece soaker would be second best. Fleece soakers only last the one wear so bear that in mind if you are buying as you may need a few pairs. Luckily, fleece is also cheap.

hth

My avatar
curlywhirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby curlywhirly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 pm

thank you for getting back to me! tbh not too clear on what longies are for...do they get used instead of wraps? or are they just clothing? really perplexed by longies/ shorties/ skirties/ wool, but keen to learn more! have googled, to no avail :(
xxx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 pm

Yup used instead of wraps. The soaker/longies need to be at least 80% real wool & they need to be lanolised after washing to boost waterproofness.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Our puddlekins silent nights are our definite favourites at the moment. I use one under wool shorts or a fleece soaker.

Return to Night Nappies