hf1

Night Nappy help

My avatar
breyah
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Night Nappy help

Postby breyah » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:56 am

At the moment, Henry is in Tots Bots Stretch Bamboozles at night (with an added microfleece booster, a fleece liner and fleece wrap) and we've not had any leaks so far.

However, he is a really heavy wetter, and already in the morning the nappies are absolutely soaking, although he's nice and dry- hurrah for fleece! Being as he's only 3 months, I can't see the nappies standing up to the deluge in another few months when he starts doing even bigger wee's! I debated just adding another booster, but to be honest they're bulky enough at the moment, and another booster would just make them super huge!

As such I'd love some advice on what night nappies to try?

I've looked into LLS and WNNN, but both of those only seem to come with poppers, and Henry sleeps on his side, so I'm worried poppers would be uncomfortable for him, plus we're not fans of poppers as Henry wiggles so much when you're changing his nappy that trying to do them up is a nightmare! Does anyone use these whose little one sleeps on their side? Does it bother them? Or can you recommend some other night nappies to try?

Help!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Night Nappy help

Postby Shaunie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi, We use holdens landing night nappies mainly although we have tried lots inc LLS, WNNN, HONN etc. Most of mine are side or front snapping & it never bothers my 2 because there's plenty squishy bamboo in the body of the nappy. It's trial & error finding something that works but you should be able to find something in the classifieds on here.

Hope you get sorted soon :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:29 pm

I use WNNN and HLs too but some people use a minki nappy stuffed with whatever :giggle: http://www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk/
Tbh, I've never had a problem with side snapping nappies, the snaps are more to the front on the side if you know what i mean.

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm

i think nappiesby minki do velcro pockets which some people use at night.
i personally use mainly fitteds with wool covers. dd mainly sleeps on her front, but also i find her on her side or back. i don't think the poppers bother her and i never get nasty marks on her thighs.

the brands i use are holdens landing and goodmama.

i probably wouldn't use velcro ones on my children as they are much easier for them to unfasten than the popper ones.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

I would do away with the microfibre for a start and replace with some bamboo boosters, or hemp or zorb. MF is awful for heavy wetters, I can't have anything with it in. Little Lambs bamboo boosters are good & relatively cheap, about £12 for 10, also Ems at Puddlekins does Zorboost boosters, they are on sale at the moment too, I think it would be worth trying different boosters before shelling out for proper NN's as at your LO's age he'll probably grow out of them in no time.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 am

The side-snapping nappies won't be uncomfortable for him because they are not directly on your side they are more to the edge of your front iykwim. Your baba is at the age now where most babies need a dedicated night nappy. You might find that when you use one that he isn't actually as heavy a wetter as you thought, b/c you just been using boosted day nappies.

I'd start with either a wee notions night nappy or a holden's landing bedbug as they are probably the easies to get. If they are a bit too wet in the morning for your liking, add a bamboo booster. Also, do you use wool or PUL wraps at night? Wool allows the moisture to evaporate, whereas PUL holds onto to it so every nappy you use will be soaked in the morning with a PUL wrap over it. Sorry just seen you use fleece

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

zoeyboo wrote:I would do away with the microfibre for a start and replace with some bamboo boosters, or hemp or zorb. MF is awful for heavy wetters, I can't have anything with it in. Little Lambs bamboo boosters are good & relatively cheap, about £12 for 10, also Ems at Puddlekins does Zorboost boosters, they are on sale at the moment too, I think it would be worth trying different boosters before shelling out for proper NN's as at your LO's age he'll probably grow out of them in no time.

wss! adding a slim booster that's hemp, bamboo or zorb will make a huge difference rather than the microfibre.

bamboo little lamb boosters are good and quite cheap. easy peasy hemp boosters also good but may still be a little large for your little one at the moment depending on the size of bamboozle you're using.

don't rush out and buy a dedicated night nappy, many people never need them once they've tried different boosters, which works out much cheaper. night nappies are very expensive!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:43 am

As other have said the poppers won't be a problem.
I would ditch the microfibe and replace with something absorbent. Ems at Puddlekins can custom make a nappy for you and they are great, I don't think Holdens Landing would be up to it to be honest due to their high microfibre content, our youngest isn't a heavy wetter at all and they weren't great for her. a LLS heavy wetter would probably work but they can be pricey, I love them though.
Nappies by minki have loads of room for stuffing.
Have you thought about trying a wool cover rather than fleece? It may work better for you.
Our DD wasn't in night nappies until she was older but from what others have said very little ones can wee more than bigger babies so his urine output may well lessen off in the coming weeks x

My avatar
breyah
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby breyah » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for all your help ladies, I've invested in two pre-loved nappies (LLS Night Nappy and a Nappy by Minki) to try out, and also bought 4 Zoorb boosters. I'll see which combination works best.
I hadn't realised the the MF might be the problem, we use it in his night nappies as it is the largest booster (so I thought it would absorb more!) :oops: I'll take it out tonight and repace it with some bamboo boosters while I pre-wash the Zoorbs.

Next

Return to Night Nappies