hf1

Do NN cause waking?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Do NN cause waking?

Postby becky1978 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I have tried and tried every combination I can think of with Archie for night times and the only thing that makes his bottom clear and completely normal in the morning is sposies :(

Really want cloth to work at night (no probw with CAmeron when he was little with cloth at night) but it just doesn't and I have to do what I can to make sure he is comfortable.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I have to say, Bella's never had issues with her cloth night nappies and hers are absolutely massive and always have been. She was wearing XL shorties at 6 months old to fit over her night nappies :giggle: If she's given the choice now (which we sometimes do), she will choose to wear fluffy nappies over paper ones.

Jake is also in cloth at night, although he does wake up if he gets too wet. Or maybe it's just for milk, difficult to tell with a baby so young.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Nathan wakes as much in a sposie as he does in cloth.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't think it makes too much difference here. I only started using cloth with Rebekah when she was 18/19months & didn't use it at night til she was 22months. Her 1st N was a WNNN & I was worried that it would wake her but it didn't & she still slept through. Recently we've been having trouble with the fit of her toddler bedbugs as they're getting too small :cry: & if she goes to bed in one she usually wakes up crying as it makes her legs very sore so she wants it off.

Grace has been in cloth since birth although I used sposies at night til I got some night nappies sorted & she wakes to :bf: most nights. Last night she wore our tester bedbug plus which is huge & slept right through :wine: :wine:

If you think it might be the nn try using sposies for a week overnight & see what happens or could you change her cloth nappy when she wakes so she's in a dry one. I've realised with my girls that some babies are definitely better at sleeping than others so it might not be anything to do with cloth. :hug:

My avatar
sarahw
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sarahw » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:09 pm

ashley is sleeping well for the first time ever since he has potty trained, i did wonder a few times if it was the nappies but tried several different sorts and none made hime wake up less in the night. i couldnt bring myself to put him in sposies though so will never no if that would have helped. although he definatley woke up more with pockets (gorgeously soft minkee lined pockets) :x :roll:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 pm

I have'nt had any problems tbh, hope you can sort something out though. don't feel bad about sposies at night,a lot of mums do. buy eco ones, i have a pack for emergencies :giggle:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

ryan just out wee cloth but he can out wee sposies too :shock: he neaver slept in cloth either so for easy we use sposie if i did it from birth i think it would be diffrent as well

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Well they didnt just cause waking in our case...i tried every night nappy under the sun (puddlekins, LLS, nappies by minki slinki and standard, WNNN, WC, UD NN's, GM NN, well stuffed pockets etc) and whilst everything kept him dry we battled rashes constantly and in turn he would wake through the night which i think was him being uncomfortable/sore from the rash...i tried silk liners, fleece liners, no liners, minkie liners, cream/no cream, wool/fleece/pul over the top...this list was endless and in the end i was sooo tired of it, i dreaded morning becuase i knew he would be sore and scream as i changed him :(

I switched to sposies, i use pampers (shoch horror!! ) and everything is fine, no rash and he sleeps better becuase of it, i was gutted becuase i so wanted him to be in full time cloth but it just didnt work out for us and i wasnt willing to carry on like that.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

No-one should feel guilty for using sposies. Bella is in sposies during the day as I just cannot cope with the constant leaks etc from cloth. Using sposies at night so you get a good night's sleep is a good enough reason as far as I'm concerned.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies