hf1

Do NN cause waking?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Do NN cause waking?

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

Faye is in cloth full time. This last few weeks we've been having nappy rash problems, last week whilst we were trying to get things better with the Timodine she was in sposies cause the cloth seemed to be irritating her. Meanwhile I stripped everything to make sure there was no build up on them that could be making her uncomfortable. Put her back in cloth and lots of waking, 2 nights running she was up crying for over half an hour and the only way she settled was coming into our bed (I didn't change her) but last night I was so tired in an attempt to get some sleep I stuck her in a sposie and she slept till half 6 and then till 10 :shock:

This could be a one off I know, we do occasionally have good nights with her. However what if cloth is waking her up, what do I do? I don't want to use sposies with her at night :-?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Do NN cause waking?

Postby charlibunny » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 am

Sophie wakes in cloth at night. But i figured out it was only fitteds that were waking her, im guessing the damp feeling woke her. I found minkee outer fitteds and wraps worked, and also standard Minki pockets. Would love to use fitteds and wool but she is up ALL night if we do!!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am

we only started ds in cloth from about 5 or 6 months. he went from sleeping through at 6 weeks to waking each night in cloth for a week, and we went straight back to disposables and sleeping through. don't know if it makes a difference if they've been in cloth full time since birth.

dd has been cloth bummed since birth, and we had a good period of sleeping through, but lately have had some lots of waking, but i think it's just her age and the fact that she has a horrid cold & cough. interestingly her nn's hadn't dried last night so she ended up in a well boosted bg, and slept 7-6 - maybe it was the dryness compared to her fitted nn's.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 am

We've always used fitteds and wool at night (and only recently wool during the day) and she tends to wake 1-2 times a night... But I'm :bf: her and it's quite normal for boobie babies to wake for feeds, it's also apparently normal for children not to sleep properly like we do as adults until they're 2-2.5. She has never seemed uncomfortable in them in the past, but the way she has been recently is making me wonder if they're irritating her :-?

Each night she has worn them in the last week she has woke for a feed and then refused point blank to go back in her cot as so though once she is awake she is aware she is uncomfortable

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

i can't remember how old faye is... i remember having a stage at about 1 where ds woke and didn't want to go back to his cot. i think he was trying to exert his authority on us though, which didn't go down too well with us :giggle:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 am

She is 21 months. So could it be a developmental phase? Though she woke this morning for boob and went back down

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 am

maybe. we put oscar in his big bed just before 2, and he was always up and it was a nightmare trying to get him to stay in. we had to threaten that we'd close the door or else he wouldn't stay. i put it down to being in the bed and the new freedom, but it might have been like that anyway due to the age. i can't remember any more what 21mo's are learning, if there are any big developmental milestones around then. i imagine that they do try to exert their own independence and do whatever they can to be in control (hence terrible 2's and the lovely tantrums that go with it).

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

I could never get NN's to work for us, Austin always sleeps better in a disposable

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 pm

I am having problems again with nn's and am so fed up with it now. We had to revert back to disposables last week as he had a realy bad belly and his bottom was red raw. I am considering just giving up on nn's altogether and putting him back in disposables at night.

Next

Return to Night Nappies