What do you boost yours with? update pg3

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What do you boost yours with? update pg3

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am

Just curious really.

What NN do you use and what do you have to boost them with.

Currently we have

2 LLS (1 heavy wetter) - both boosted with 1 WN hemp insert (from a WNNN) and hemp booster also from WN - generally ok but the Non HW version is a bit hit and miss
1 Puddlekins Large - boosted with a large upsy daisy hemp insert/booster - usually quite wet come morning
2 Hollow oak sz2 - boosted with Swaddlebees S hemp insert and a WN booster - usually quite wet come morning**
1 Upsy daisy large bamboo - boosted with EH hemp - usually quite wet come morning
1 Goodmama goodnight boosted with PK hempboost and the Goodmama good boost - generally OK

** I find i struggle to find inserts/boosters to fit underneath the Hollow oak snap in ones due to the snap - interested to hear what other people use/do with these particularly.

Ive just ordered 2 easy peasy hemp boosters and 2 p'tit dessous size 2 inserts to go in my NN, think im going to have a booster re-shuffle

sarah x
Last edited by happytails on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What do you boost yours with?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 am

hmmm i'm no help here as we use day nappies at night with taliesin. What i find that makes a difference though is what is over the nappy. Reversable lls interlock soakers and hollow oak i find best for nights though.x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 am

We just use a Wonderoo V1 with the normal MT insert plus a P'tits Dessous. I looked at night nappies but this was by far the cheaper option, and works for us so far.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 am

Our night nappies are:

Puddlekins (custom absorbency, so suit Iris and no boosting needed)
Hollow Oak - needs most boosting
Flutterby Fluff
Upsy Daisy - Amber put in an additional booster for us to use with this, but it still needs boosting
Baby Beehinds - tons of boosting needed! :giggle:

Everything but the PK I boost. Usually a EP hemp booster and a Babeco bamboo booster. Sometimes a Big Weed or hemp Wonderfulls - these I use on the outside of the nappy, between nappy and wool. I can get most nappies to work as a night nappy (if need be because of drying issues!) using that method. :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:hmmm i'm no help here as we use day nappies at night with taliesin. What i find that makes a difference though is what is over the nappy. Reversable lls interlock soakers and hollow oak i find best for nights though.x

Ooh forgot to put that! We use mainly knitted /crocheted woollies at night, occasionally WN or UD fleece wrap or our 1 snugglebots interlock soaker (though i find interlock gets whiffy faster). Never any pul, useless for DD :wink:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 am

We're ok with WNNN, but when I use something like a LL bamboo or a Sandys bamboo, I usually stick an EP hemp between the nappy and the wool which works great. Used to stuff the inside but they're getting too small on him now to do that so it works better on the outside.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am

Were ok with WNNN's no boosting.
My others I use EP hemp boosters.

I must remember to make some zorb boosters.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 am

well our nn are a bit hit and miss with leakage atm but

LLS HW - boosted in the pocket with 2 greenkids boosters and a pd bamboo. boosted between nappy and wool with an EP hemp or sometimes 2.
WNNN - was soaked this morning but no leaks- the double insert plus a pd plus a EP hemp in the pocket. Plus a green kids booster under the lay in inserts. plus an EP hemp between nappy and wool

customised pknn this was made for nathan but I still have to boost atm with a greenkids inside and a booster between nappy and wool

pkOS nn ( not customised) - I put 2 eco earth 3 layer bamboo boosters and a green kidsbooster under the trifold. Then a pd between nappy and wool and this has leaked lately.

we were coping with FFNs with the trifold folded in half and 3 boosters in with a pd between wool and nappy but not anymore.

I think the eco earth boosters are great and good value too - they are thicker than the little lamb ones and they come in regular and large sizes, they do bamboo fleece and bamboo terry
we use mostly crocheted wool at night and re lanolise every 2 wears or we seem to get wet patches on the bed.
Not sure whether to try some zorb boosters

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

WNNN ... need no boosting but I do use all the inserts that it comes with

Bedbug normal ... needs boosting I use a PK bamboost

Bedbug + no boosting needed ... I use the inserts with the widest part to the front and the smaller booster smack bang in the middle :giggle:

My LLS night ... I normally put a Guerrilla Fluff doubler in as a precaution even though I doubt we need it

Hollow Oak ... again a PK bamboost

eta .... I have just been informed by dp that the WNNN need more stuffing as they are soaked come morning ... he is doing all the am shifts at the mo as I can't sleep with a stomach the size of 6 beach balls :cry: :cry:

Next

Return to Night Nappies