hf1

Would this work?

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Would this work?

Postby clairegrace » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm

A tots bamboozle or stretchy with a fleece wrap???

I have one fleece wrap, wool scares me :oops: :oops: and DD is always warm so i'd be worried that she'd overheat!! If I use the fleece, will the cot/her jammies be wet were she's been lay?

Also, I've left her in a nappy for around 5 hours the other day as she fell asleep and had a really long one and the nappy didn't smell too good when i took it off, does this usually happen with night nappies?

Ta :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Would this work?

Postby tanya » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Yep, night nappies generally don't smell too good - there's a lot of pee going in there for a long time.

That combo might work, depends on how heavy your LO wets. I would suggest adding some boosting though. It's better to overboost than have a soggy baby.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:00 pm

I'd say you definitely need to boost day nappies for night use, we used to get an hour out of Bamboozles, so not the best in my experience.

Wool is fab! You should give it a try. It smells less than fleece, too. We used wool shorties all summer at night.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Another vote for wool! It really is great and we don't find it smelly either! You can get some yummy scented lanolin and wool wash to help keep it fresh!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 am

Fleece is more likely to wick than wool would so it would be more important to make sure the nappy is more than absorbent enough for your LO overnight to avoid the wet bed/jammies problem.
Stretchies work fine overnight if you dont have a heavywetter and your LO is still fairly small. I used stretchies overnight for a while and they were great but wouldnt manage with a heavier wetter. You could always boost with a hemp or bamboo booster though.
I would also recommend wool. Its not hot, its breatheable and will help pee evaporate from your nappies and is very unlikely to wick.
Night nappies are about trial and error though, it is better to start with a heavily boosted nappy and take layers OUT than start with an unboosted nappy and have a soggy bed!

Return to Night Nappies