hf1

Arrghh

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Arrghh

Postby tanya » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Why does Ems have to choose now to close any hope of customs for a while, just when I NEEEEED new night nappies for Bella?

I have 4 night nappies which are nigh on useless to us at the moment, which need replacing (and now I can actually afford to replace them) and the only 2 nappies which work for Bella are the Just Wool Silent Nights and the LLS Super Wetter. The 2 Just Velour Silent Nights I have sort of work, but seem to have shrunk significantly, so only just fit now :( No more tumble drying for hours on end for our night nappies.

Hmm, maybe I'll try a LLS Super Wetter with a wool outer....

Can I just say ARRRGGGHHH at the exercise in futility that I am undertaking in looking for alternatives? :giggle:

Oh, and I just put a similar status on FB, and a well meaning friend offered me a Minki Huggle to try :giggle: My life would be so much easier if they actually worked on Bella :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Arrghh

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Oh, and I just put a similar status on FB, and a well meaning friend offered me a Minki Huggle to try :giggle:

Awww bless! :giggle:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

and bless your friend

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 pm

I feel your pain!! We had full bed change this morning & poor Rebekah was soaked. She said "sorry, I wee'd Mummy" :( Bless her. She's trying the LLS ultimate wetter tonight so FC. i don't know what to do as most of hers are too small now & even this XL LLS should really be on the loosest snaps but I'm trying it on 2nd loosest (hope she doesn't have sore legs in the morning). Our best fitting nn is the toddler HO but it's saturated by morning :x Dh put her in a bg last night (hence the serious flooding :roll: ). I just need something that fits & is absorbant!!

FC you find a solution soon!! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 am

Well, I've bought her another LLS Super Wetter - this time with a wool outer. They are wet in the morning, but not as bad as some of the others we have, and the fit is good.

I've just about given up on my quest for the perfect night nappy as I just don't think it exists. Even our Puddlekins wool night nappy is quite wet in the morning now :(

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 am

When mine were both in nappies I don't think I ever had one that wasn't very wet in the morning. Even ones I made myself with massive amounts of boosting that would have happily contained an elephants wee would still be wet on the outside. I figured that was as good as they'd get! As long as the fleece/wool cover didn't leak I was happy :giggle:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 am

angelsquidge wrote:When mine were both in nappies I don't think I ever had one that wasn't very wet in the morning. Even ones I made myself with massive amounts of boosting that would have happily contained an elephants wee would still be wet on the outside. I figured that was as good as they'd get! As long as the fleece/wool cover didn't leak I was happy :giggle:

I think you're right Amber. As long as the sheets are dry & wool isn't soaked I can cope with the nappy being wet :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am

Yep, that's pretty much all I expect too. I was massively surprised when our PK nappy was virtually dry (once :giggle:) on the outside as it's never happened before.

For a night nappy to be successful, I like what you've said, but I'll also add that I would prefer not to have to boost it. I like to just use the nappy in it's pure form ( :oops: ), hence hating some of our current night nappies.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 am

tanya2007 wrote:For a night nappy to be successful, I like what you've said, but I'll also add that I would prefer not to have to boost it. I like to just use the nappy in it's pure form ( :oops: )

Definitely!! If you have to buy boosters too it works out very expensive & sometimes affects the fit too.

Next

Return to Night Nappies