hf1

Arrghh

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Arrghh

Postby Heather London » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I think you have a reason not to use them -but MInki Pockets coped with my (very heavy) DS stuffed with a mega hemp insert and a microfibre cloth.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:59 pm

The reason the nappies have stopped working for us at the moment is she's discovered how to turn the cold tap on and off in the bath, so keeps filling her cups with water and drinking it!!

But some of the nappies work. The Puddlekins DO work, I've just shrunk them :oops: but some of the others just don't work, or need boosting so far that the fit isn't right.

I've stripped all the nappies recently, so I know it's not a build up problem.

I know what the problem really is - she just drinks far too much, and I've been reluctant to restrict what she drinks, but I can't keep going like this, so I am going to have to start restricting her, especially at bedtime. But, how do I stop her drinking the bathwater??? :giggle:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Is she dry in the day? :oops: Sorry, I've forgotten :oops: Rebekah used to drink & drink which was why we had a problem last summer. Once she was pt she naturally started drinking less & I'm sure it was because she got sick of going to the loo all the time :giggle: She now just drinks when she's thirsty & is then happy to drink water or diluted juice. When she was still in nappies she'd only drink heavily diluted apple juice :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm

No, unfortunately she's not dry during the day. She's refusing to have anything to do with the potty, so I've stopped mentioning it to her in the hope she'll suggest knickers for herself sometime soon.

I've heard before that they can stop drinking so much once PT'd as they don't like running to the loo all the time. I'm kinda hoping the same works with Bella. IF I ever get her potty trained. I despair over it sometimes!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Tanya you'll need a bucket for Bella for PT! A normal potty doesnt hold loads of pee :giggle:

She will get there but yes bathwater was also why Roo would outpee his night nappies. DF used to let him drink whatever but when I do bathtimes I only give him the cups with the huge holes so by the time he fills it and gets it in his mouth there's 2 drips left :hohoho:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Ahhhh... the penny has just dropped... that's why Grace has been soaking her night nappies too. Dh doesn't always notice when she drinks the bath water till she's had loads!! :roll: :giggle:

Tanya, she'll get there. I was 3.5 when I pt. I still remember it! :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Rebekahs_mum wrote:Ahhhh... the penny has just dropped... that's why Grace has been soaking her night nappies too. Dh doesn't always notice when she drinks the bath water till she's had loads!! :roll: :giggle:

Tanya, she'll get there. I was 3.5 when I pt. I still remember it! :giggle:

:giggle: at remembering! Yes DF is the worst for not noticing them all guzzling the bath!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:45 pm

how is the suerch going have you found any more yet

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I need to put my bedbug up for sale first, so some funds can come from my paypal account. DH's tolerance for nappy purchasing only goes so far, especially when the money is coming from our bank account.

But I think I will be getting one from Babybots - if it's still there when I get some more funds or my MA comes in. Then I have another LLS SW coming in Nov from the nappy club. Then I'd only need 1 more and I'm hoping I can get a Puddlekins custom by then :)

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies