hf1

Have Huggles changed?

My avatar
kittenwithawhip
Clothie
Clothie

Have Huggles changed?

Postby kittenwithawhip » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Does anyone have experience with new Huggles?
I have used second-hand Huggles on both DS & DD and they've been great, so much so that I decided to treat DD to a new one. So I ordered a nippa version from Nappies by Minki a few weeks ago and I've been really disappointed.
The new one has just one layer of terry outside, a stuffable pocket and a fleece inner and it feels really thin, whereas the second hand ones I've got have at least two layers of really thick terry inside and feel like they're made of bath mats!

DD is a power-weer and I can't stuff enough in the nappy to stop her out-weeing this (last try was a pad folded bamboo terry, EP hemp and zorb boosters :shock: ), whereas she's never leaked in a second-hand huggle. I've waited for a few weeks in case it just needed a few more washes to build up absorbancy but I don't think this is the problem.

So, have Huggles changed spec, or do I have a duff one? (the inside pocket was also not properly sewn but I didn't think that was a problem)? Should I contact them, or just chalk it up to experience and stick to pre-loved nappies in future? :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Have Huggles changed?

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Contact them, the ladies there are lovely IMO.
Hopefulyl they can help! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
kittenwithawhip
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenwithawhip » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks - I have just emailed them.

My avatar
kittenwithawhip
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenwithawhip » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:48 am

Quick update:

I got a super quick response from Michaela at Nappies by Minki last night explaining that their supplier of terry changed a while ago so the Huggles are thinner than they used to be. (This wouldn't have been obvious when DS was wearing them but DD is a very heavy wetter :roll: ) She very kindly offered to repair the pocket and is going to send me an old-style Huggle as well :D .

Great CS!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 am

Yey! :) :wine:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Fab! :wine: I've always found Michaela's CS is excellent :)

Return to Night Nappies