hf1

DnF for night nappy?

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

DnF for night nappy?

Postby gem1981 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 pm

I've been trying to find some small DnFs here but they dont seem to come up, so I'm about to buy a couple of these from new. But before I shell out £40 I thought I'd best ask first if I'm doing the right thing or if people have a preferred night nappy? (I dont really want to spend any more than £20 each if poss)

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DnF for night nappy?

Postby rachel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Personally I don't think a dnf would last over night. They last us 2 hrs, but then Evie is a very heavy wetting toddler. Who are you wanting them for?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:38 pm

I wouldn't use dunk'n'fluff for night nappies they aren't really absorbent enough...
Fluff and stuff heavy wetter ones make quite good night nappies unless you have a heavy night wetter but light to medium wetter at night they work fairly well...
Our night nappies are:
2x Puddlekins
3x Hollow Oak (boosted)
2x First Class Baby (boosted)
Standard Minki Pockets (2x50cm Bamboo squares + 2xEP hemp)

I'm sure I've got more just don't remember :lol: :oops:

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:41 pm

They are for Tilly, my little one. She is nearly one month. We have alot of leaks (alot fo the time tbh) I dont think the nappies we are using are a very good fit, but DnF seem to fit quite well at the moment. Oh I dont know what to get :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Ah sorry didn't realise how young she was...
They might work then, if they're a good fit you can always boost between nappy and wrap for extra absorbency...
To be honest a lot of people do a night change at that age, I didn't with DD2 but I did with my DD1 ...

My avatar
Aliandmilly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aliandmilly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Ive just bought a medium heavy wetter one and hope to use it over night for my 3 month old. We used diddy diapers up until 2 months and have now gone into medium bedbugs or wnnn. Also had a a small wild child that worked well. Dont think dd is particularly heavy wetting though xx

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

We are doing a nappy change, but quite often when we do she is already wet through and needs her clothes changing. :roll:

Would you suggest an alternative?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

At that age a small holdens landing bed bug was fine for us overnight. A bamboo baby beehinds would also be really good as they last my toddler overnight. They are also BTP so would last a lot longer too.

ETA our night nappies are

3 x bamboo baby beehinds
1 x holdens landing bedbug
1 x Puddlekins medium
1 x Fluff n Stuff heavy wetter boosted med or large
1 x Luscious Little Somethings night large trim.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Id go for an Small bedbug or a small heavy bamboo fleece boosted LLS to last all night, however when my LO was that age I got away with WNNL, Stretchie bamboozles and the like so a DnF with wool over the top may well be fine for a few months

Next

Return to Night Nappies