hf1

DnF for night nappy?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DnF for night nappy?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 pm

i have some small girlie dunk n fluffs i might be willing to part with..... :wink:

i use them overnight just fine with oakley, with an interlock soaker over the top, he's quite a pee'r, still feeding at least twice a night too

he also has fitted medium prints for a while, so wears small and medium. obv ones last longer, have more give in, i use them at nights with taliesin, mediums mainly and he's 24lbs, but not so much of a pee'r

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

id try any find something more dedicated as a NN tbh as it sounds like she is pee'ing alot at night.

What are you currently using at night?

I have a medium DnF i am selling cheap but think it might be too big??

Our NN are

Upsy daisy aplix
Hollow Oak
Goodmama OS (these might be good for you as they will last a while and i think they are quite absorbent. Ours are nippa)
LLS normal and Heavy wetter NN

if thats any help :wink:

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Sarah. I've got a medium DnF come in the post today. I'll try it tomorrow to see how it fits, if its any good I'll let you know!

We're using all sorts at the moment, I've also had some BG flips come in the post today which we've just put her in for bed so will have to see how we get on with that. We're mainly using tots bots (cotton) with ME wraps or LL wraps.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 pm

You realise medium DnF knit prints are from 23 to 35lbs? My LO still very, very easily fits into a DnF small at almost 8 months old

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 am

anothersquish wrote:You realise medium DnF knit prints are from 23 to 35lbs? My LO still very, very easily fits into a DnF small at almost 8 months old

Rufus fit a M way before 23lbs, in fact he had a mixture of small and medium for a while, there is quite a bit of crossover, like now when I get new ones I go for large so they'll last longer even though a medium still fits fine.

If you are ordering new DnF I'd ask for added zorb if you have a heavy wetter, I find it gives me an extra 45mins to an hour and for an additional 50cents it's well worth it!

For night nappies we needed dedicated ones from 8 weeks as he was wetting so much and changing him was waking him up too much. We used Small Holden's Landing Bedbugs they were great, there are some around in stock ...

http://www.bums-n-roses.co.uk/index.php ... 2gmr940cs5

http://www.kingdomfluff.co.uk/cart/bedbug-p-316.php

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:40 am

if you're mainly using cotton tots, then before shelling out for expensive nappies maybe try moving to something bamboo as that absorbs much more than cotton. at that age bamboo little lambs did us through the night, and they're fairly cheap, esp if you get on classifieds. then if they're still too wet you could put a hemp booster between the nappy and the wrap, and that should help.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 am

anothersquish wrote:You realise medium DnF knit prints are from 23 to 35lbs? My LO still very, very easily fits into a DnF small at almost 8 months old

:shock: have the sizings changed?
Grace is about 27lbs but there's NO way she would fit in a medium D&F :shock: and hasn't for a very long time... I put XL and L D&Fs on her!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Izzy is 24lbs and is in large DNF. No way they would last her overnight, mega piddler! At first we didnt use night nappies because izzy didnt sleep for long periods so just changed her like we did in the day. Early she was in bamboozles which were fab then she started outpeeing them so our night nappy saga started :hohoho:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:55 am

Amber is 24lbs at 19 months and fits both medium and large dunk n fluffs. Im prefering the Mediums ATM as they are trimmer on my miss :wink: (Not that they see much use ATM with the PT'ing but got GN ones so they will see the light soon :wink: )

Previous

Return to Night Nappies