hf1

Which to use?

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Which to use?

Postby labbiefan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am

Hi All- My LO is 11 weeks old (just over 12lb) and he's in cloth nappies from getting up to going to bed- currently using LL (cotton/ bamboo/ and micro fibre) and also got some one life nappies/ ME sandys which we use too-

Wraps wise, I've got LL, motherease airflow, cotton bottoms and one life-

Boosters- I've got cotton, bamboo and 5 large hemp ones-and I currently use fleece linners.

Really want to move onto using cloth at night too- but I need some tips on which would be the best night nappies/ wraps/ boosters or any general advice?

Quite happy to add some new ones to my growing collection :oops: bit of an addict when it comes to cloth nappies!

Many thanks :wave:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Which to use?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 am

the bamboo ones should be just fine, my lo is 3 months old and just over 12 and a half pounds and we can use most things at night. although i tend to put him in a fleece sleepsuit over the top so if there is any minor leaking he's not soaked in the morning. u may want to purchase some more dedicated night nappies as he gets a bit bigger, lots of people use weenotions night nappies, but personally i swear by luscious little somethings night nappies and a wool interlock soaker over the top, as the wool is more breathable. alot of people also swear by puddlekins, ems is really good at tailoring nappies for heavy wetters if u feel your son fits into this catergory. but a look inside the classifieds often is a good start. look to aim at around 15 quid for a preloved night nappy, and remember they can take longer to dry, so allow enough so u have one or two drying maybe, one on and one for the next night. i think i have about 4 night nappies for each boy, probably more.

remember also if u are feeding at night still, u could get away with day nappies then just change in the night at feed times.x

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for the tips- still getting up on a bad night up to 5 times and full time BF'ing :roll:

thanks again

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:24 am

oh i know that feeling! oakley seems to be almost fully in my bed some nights. i can't get used to night feeds. if i am really lucky i get woken up twice. he just must really like to see me!lol.x

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 am

I know what you mean, my lo seems to think he needs my boob in his mouth before he can fall asleep, going to try putting him in his own room tonight- wish me luck!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:37 pm

oooh that's brave! i couldn't do that, i still sleep with one hand on his chest to make sure he's breathing!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:25 pm

I know, I might chicken out yet! :lol:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:54 pm

lol i've just re arranged my room so he's right next to my bed. it's bad. can't remember the last time i slept thru meself!

My avatar
breyah
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby breyah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:04 pm

We invested in a sensor for Henry's cot otherwise he'd have stayed in bed with me forever! :wink:

I second annika on Luscious Little Somethings night nappies, I have two of them and they're fab! I also have a Weenotions night nappy and a Puddlekins as my secondary nappies while the others dry. I personally find the Weenotions a bit faffy, but they are very absorbant, and I know a lot of people swear by them, plus they can be a bit cheaper if you're just starting out in the world of night nappies!

Return to Night Nappies