hf1

Large Nightnotions getting small?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 pm

WeeNotions wrote:ahhh that would make sense, boosting the outer rather than the inner (if possible) sounds like the way to go then :wink:

Aye as Ali says when you're using longies over the top - short of pinning the booster to the nappy it doesn't really work...

I'm sure some sort of felted wool wrap might do the trick tho' ;) ;) ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :hohoho:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby babyroo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 pm

WeeNotions wrote:Poop!

There must be a way round this, let me have a think :wink:


If you can't find a clever way round it, I'd be very interested in super-long rise ones :D

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:35 pm

babyroo wrote:
WeeNotions wrote:Poop!

There must be a way round this, let me have a think :wink:


If you can't find a clever way round it, I'd be very interested in super-long rise ones :D


I can make you one no problem I have already made a longer rise one for someone else, just let me know how much extra rise you need, I think the one I made was an extra inch front and back so 2 inches altogether.

Am still thinking though, I better get sewing I think better when I sew :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:58 pm

I'll measure the cotton one against the hemp one tomorrow... Chances are it hasn't shrunk that much but that she's shot up - beanpole that she is!
I'll measure her height (and rise if she'll let me haha!) tomorrow...

They're still our best night nappies reached for before anything else!

And Isabelle does love her sheep nappy :D

I think partly it's just that sometimes toddlers are SUPER wee-ers that don't have any hard or fast rules on whether they will or how much they will wee at night and they're all such different shapes! :roll:

Might have to jump off the wagon just long enough to get a long-rise one :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 pm

I can imagine how the hemp nappy may be too small as the hemp does shrink a lot, my nightnotion insert is hemp trifold with terry booster and the hemp has shrunk by at least 2 inches legth ways but not at all width ways, so I imagine it's all got to do with the way it has been cut.

Both Georgia's bamboo nightnotion and her limited edition covered one both apaear to be the same size still :D

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 pm

The inserts do shrink and coincidently we have just finished making all new patterns for them today so any orders I make from now on will have shrink to fit inserts :wink:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby babyroo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:41 am

WeeNotions wrote:The inserts do shrink and coincidently we have just finished making all new patterns for them today so any orders I make from now on will have shrink to fit inserts :wink:


Sounds good! If I want a bigger rise one then, should I just order a normal and put a comment in that I want extra?

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

babyroo wrote:
WeeNotions wrote:The inserts do shrink and coincidently we have just finished making all new patterns for them today so any orders I make from now on will have shrink to fit inserts :wink:


Sounds good! If I want a bigger rise one then, should I just order a normal and put a comment in that I want extra?


Aye :D Don't forget the RNW code :wink:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Large Nightnotions getting small?

Postby babyroo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:49 am

Oooh you are a star - which of the viscose fabrics have you got enough of for a big nappy?

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies

cron