hf1

What should I try?

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What should I try?

Postby charlala » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 am

All our night nappies leave a massive leg gape. I used to just put up with this but it's really starting to bother me now. WNNN gape is terrible - starts off not too bad but by morning it's all wee-soaked and has sagged. UDNNs are the same apart from the old-style mediums which fit well. In terms of new-style M too small, L too big. Have also tried FFNNs which at the time didn't leg gape, can't really remember why I sold them.... and HLBBs which I don't like.
Any advice much appreciated.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What should I try?

Postby e586 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:22 am

could you try taking some of the boosting out from the inside of the nappy and putting it between nappy and wrap/wool/fleece? Haven't had to do this with WNNN yet, but it works fab with other fitteds like LL bamboo.

Also maybe try Motherease Sandys bamboo- they're nice and roomy enough to get some boosting on the inside, and also something between the outside and wrap. I found EP hemp booster good for going between nappy and wrap.

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for your reply - I have been doing that with the WNs but it's just annoying that I have to iyswim? It's always really fiddley to try and get it to stay in place whilst pulling the wool up...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:16 am

I find boosting outside of a well fitting absorbent day nappy achieves best fit for us.

Expensive but well fitting options are:
Hollow Oak (which I boost)
Puddlekins
Standard Minki Pockets

I love our First Class Baby nappies for fit and they hold boosting inside well too...

Have you thought about using a wool wrap to hold the boosting in place with longies ontop?

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 pm

It depends on how heavy a wetter she is, but we get on really well with bamboo sandys. I used to boost with a PD insert and there is easily enough room for more without leg gape. I think it's because they are cut lower on the leg and I have always preferred the fit of the sandys to my WNNN. We have also just got a BBH Magic-all which has lots of room for boosting and is cut lower on the leg than a WNNN

Return to Night Nappies